Monday, January 14, 2019

Psalm 89:11-18 - "O Lord"


The Lord woke me with a song and a scripture to read this morning. The song was "O, Lord" which touches my heart immensely. There is a part that goes...

Though times it seems
Like I'm coming undone
This walk can often feel lonely
No matter what until this race is won
I will stand my ground where hope can be found
I will stand my ground where hope can be found

Yes! His love gives me hope to continue on when I feel like I can't continue on. Sometimes circumstances in life seem to be overwhelming but then the Lord showers His love down on me and I know I am not alone. His love gives me hope when life seems hopeless. His love encourages me to continue on when I feel like I can't. His love gives me strength when mine is drained. Psalm 89 encourages me to walk in His love. When I do, I will have His joy in my heart. The only way to walk in His love to the fullest is by having a heart surrendered to His will. Yes, there are times when I feel lonely. There are times when I question why I do what I do. But it is those times when He wraps His arms around me a little bit tighter and tells me I am not alone and I need to stand in His love to be empowered to do life as He desires. "I will stand my ground where hope can be found" can only be done in His empowerment. I pray every day for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me. This is the only way to be empowered by the Holy Spirit.

Dear Jesus,
As I start a week that has some curve balls in it, I need more of You and less of me. I need Your empowerment in a mighty way. I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more. I pray for Your strength as mine feels like it is dwindling. I pray for Your wisdom as I continue in my class and with time management. I pray for Your love to ooze out of me in a way that people will see and hear You and not me. May You be greater through me this week. Father, thank You for the way You provide exactly what we need. Thank You for giving me hope in what appear to be hopeless situations. Thank You Jesus for being My Empowerment! Amen.


No comments: