Thursday, January 10, 2019

I John 4:18 - "Stand In Your Love"

3:54AM...The Lord woke me to pray for many people to be encouraged. Some, like my Momma, I know why He would have me pray for them. She is going through tough days in her physical body which causes discouragement. I prayed for Him to put people in her path who would encourage her with His love. After I prayed for her I asked Him who else He wanted me to pray for. He promptly put Brooke and Chad on my heart to pray they will be encouraged by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the upcoming Encounter they will lead. From there He led me to pray for Dan Bohi and his team as they continue to be led by the Holy Spirit to touch many lives. I am so looking forward to seeing Dan and Craig when they come to Summerville in February. I prayed for them to feel the encouragement of prayers sent up by many who prayer for them. I prayed for Jim and Judy to walk in the Spirit and be encouraged as they begin the new year touching lives in Illinois Sunday and Monday. I prayed for Rob and Cindy as they are in Texas the rest of the month opening up the door for people to go into a deeper walk with the Holy Spirit. He had me pray for Ketchums as they prepare for the trip to Israel this spring. He also had me pray for pastors who are discouraged to have someone come along beside them to give them not only encouragement but also wisdom with their situation. I prayed the two Momma's Mike shared about yesterday having some major needs would be encouraged by His people.
I also prayed for those going through health issues that need encouraged. I slept another hour and the Lord woke me with a song Josh Baldwin sings going through my mind...

'Cause my fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance
When I stand in Your love!


Discouragement can lead to fear. Fear can lead to disbelief that God loves us or is with us. We are told in the scriptures over and over about how God never leaves us. We do not have to fear that He will. He is there to help us in trying times (Hebrews 13:6). He fights for us in a personal way through disappointing and difficult days (Deuteronomy 5:5). His Spirit will dwell in us when we allow Him to. This is a gift given to all who accept Him (Romans 8:15). When we live in Him, we have His peace through times of discouragement. When we give the enemy an open door, discouragement will not allow that peace (John 14:27). God did not make us to be fearful but He made us with power, love and self-control (II Timothy 1:7). I love the words of I John 4:18...


"Perfect love" is God's love. Woo hoo! We have nothing to fear when we have His love. Times of discouragement will come but He will provide during them. He will answer our prayers. He will use others to encourage us with their words and actions. He will love us through tough days and strengthen our faith as we allow Him. He will direct our path when we have no idea what to do ourselves. His "perfect love" is the key to living in the Spirit.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for many during the night. Thank You for the reminder that Your love is the key to life. Thank You for answering two major prayers yesterday. Thank You for continuing to encourage me with my path toward ordination. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire to be filled with more of Your Holy Spirit so people will see and hear You through me. Father, go before me today wherever You lead me. Thank You Jesus for being My Perfect Love. Amen.

No comments: