Thursday, February 23, 2017

Psalm 46:10 - "You Raise Me Up"


God is so awesome! When I was awake twice during the short six hours of sleep last night, I asked Him who I was to pray for. His response was the words to a song that blesses me in abundance...

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas
I am strong when I am on your shoulders
You raise me up to more than I can be


What an awesome way to encourage me! Not just once did He give this to me but twice and then again when I got up! Wow, God! His strength is in me so I can be "...more than I can be." What does that mean? It means His supernatural empowerment is part of my DNA. Woo hoo! That is exciting to think about! These words will keep me going when I want to stop. The beginning of this song goes....

When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me


Yes! "I am still and wait here in the silence..." Many times the 'silence' doesn't last long before He speaks to me. His words are so encouraging to me. The only thing I disagree with in the song is the last part of this section. He is always with me. I don't have to wait for Him to come to be with me. Although, sometimes He has to wait on me to come to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder You gave me throughout the night and then this morning. Thank You for Your supernatural empowerment that gives me what I need to be...what You desire of me. Thank You for the opportunities You will put before me today to show Your love to others. Father, protect us today as we travel. I also pray for the physical ailments in our bodies to be healed in Your name. I pray for Your love to ooze out of us in such a way someone will desire it. Lord, not only be Rmy words and actions today but be my attitude. Give me more of You for me to give to others, including my husband. May my words be as sweet as honey with him today. Thank You for blessing me with him. Thank You for being My Supernatural Empowerment. Amen.

No comments: