Saturday, February 4, 2017

I Peter 1:18 - "Through All of It"


In the first chapter of I Peter there are some plain and simple ways given as to how we are to live on this earth in order to spend eternity with the Lord. I love verse eighteen in The Message! We must have a 'deep consciousness of God' if we are going to spend eternity with Him. It is only by His blood that we are even here! Matthew Henry writes...

The consideration of our redemption ought to be a constant and powerful inducement to holiness, and the fear of God. He continues, God expects that a Christian should live answerably to what he knows, and therefore we have great need to be put in mind of what we already know, Ps. 39:4.

We must never forget the sacrifice Jesus made with His life in order for us to live. No matter what we go through on this earth, no matter what we suffer through, no matter what happens with others fighting against us...He is Our Constant. I love the words to "Through All of It" that Colton Dixon sings...

Life's been a journey
I've seen joy, I've seen regret
Oh and You have been my God
Through all of it
Through all of it

Yes! There are valleys and there are mountain tops in life on this earth. But when we allow His Holy Spirit to live in us and work through us it doesn't matter if we are in the valley or on the mountain top. He is with us no matter where we are. His love is constant when we allow it to be. I am responsible for loving with His love in the same manner He loves me. Unconditionally. That means even when people don't treat me nicely or say nasty things to me. That means even when people have a different opinion on a subject in life than I have. It also means I need to stand firm in what His Word tells me and in loving with His love. I like something I heard Dr. Porter speak on a few weeks ago. "Love never fails." Plain and simple yet many believers seem to have forgot this passage in I Corinthians 13. Many are allowing the ways of the world to take over their spirits instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to flow from them. My heart breaks for the division with believers over the politics of today. Many of the things that people are divided over are very clearly stated in His Word. Unfortunately, people twist His Word and justify it to being what they want it to say. It is in black and white with no gray areas that we are to love one another. Oh how I pray for believers to realize this great command is not bendable. Many are making great progress in the way others see Jesus but unfortunately it is not in a positive manner. My heart breaks. I will continue to love with Jesus' love. It is hard though with brothers and sisters who are causing damage in their witness.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday and the fun we had with Baby Jace! What a blessing You gave us! I also want to thank You for my wonderful husband who is such a blessing to me! Lord, I pray for a healing in his body, boldness in his speech as he preaches tomorrow and a deepening in his walk with You. I thank You that Your love oozes out of him. I thank You for the way You enable him to recollect Your Word when asked Biblical questions. Lord, bless him and Jim today as they are at the Men's Event. Father, I also pray for more of You to ooze out of me. I pray You will be my words, my actions and my attitude throughout this day. I pray You will enable me to love even those that know You yet are living without showing Your love to others. Maybe I shouldn't but I hold them to a higher standard than those who are not in relationship with You. It hurts me to see people blatantly not following Your Word even though they say they do. Father, open their eyes to the Truth the enemy has hidden from them. Thank You Jesus for being My Constant! Amen.

No comments: