Friday, February 3, 2017

James 1:2-4 - "When Nothing But A Miracle Will Do"


"No good news from the dr. Surgery isn't likely to help and not recommended. Too many shots already to consider doing then any time soon. Only option are meds (Historically I don't tolerate pain meds) and acupuncture. Disheartened and frustrated." When I heard these words from a friend, my response was "We are just going to have to pray for a miraculous healing! James 1:2-4" We have been praying over the last couple of years for a healing in her back. I finally decided He must be going to heal her through doctors and medicine but now that looks doubtful. So I am praying for an instant, miraculous miracle in her body. I am praying He will grant this miracle quickly to get my friend out of the pain but until His time I am praying she can hold onto James 1:2-4. I also am thinking of another friend who I have been praying for some time who has a husband with a sexual identity crisis. I am also thinking of another friend with a husband who lost his credentials from the church due to blatant sin in his life. These two ladies are living through hell on earth and I pray they can live out James 1:2-4 each and every day. I think of the family who lost the toddler this week and am praying for them to find glimpses of joy in their tragedy. I think of many of my friends who are dealing with prodigals in their life. My heart breaks for them yet Father I know You are with their prodigals and will return them in Your time. I pray against the evil one having strongholds in many lives. The things we go through on this earth can be pretty tough yet we must lean on His strength in order to get through them in the way He so desires. When I first heard the diagnosis of cancer, I was devastated. Some people told me it wasn't fair for one person to have to endure both MS and cancer. I remember thinking 'fair' is not in my vocabulary. I don't believe Jesus dying on the cross was 'fair' yet it was all part of God's plan. I am not saying He caused the MS or the cancer but He uses it each and every day for His glory. Yesterday was a prime example of Him being glorified through my physical body. Biking with my honey for 8.3 miles was a miracle! Even more of a miracle is that I only took one 'hippy-hippy shake' pill after the ride and my legs/bottom are not killing me today. God is so good! I have never rode that far yet here just one week after completing radiation I did it! Woo hoo! The Lord woke me to one of my favorite songs my friend Sharon sings....

When nothing, but a miracle, will do,
There's nothin' that, the hand of God, cannot bring you through.
Well, I know He's more than able, and He will deliver you,
When nothing, but a miracle, will do.


Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the miracle of the 8.3 mile bike ride yesterday! Thank You for the day that is ahead! Thank You for the way You will give my friends miracles in their situations today. Even if it is not a complete miracle in their situation I know You will give them at least a glimpse of hope today. Father, enable them to lean upon Your strength in a whole new way today. Give them the strength to live out James 1:2-4. Lord, thank You for enabling me to find joy in tough circumstances. I know it is because You live in and through me. Lord, be more powerful in me today than yesterday. May Your supernatural empowerment flow through me so people will see and hear only You today. Thank You Jesus for being My Miracle Maker. Amen.

No comments: