Saturday, February 11, 2017

I Peter 2:23-25 - "My Victory"


The song "My Victory" was going through my head all day yesterday, throughout the night and then again this morning.

Behold the lamb of God
Who takes away our sin
The holy Lamb of God
Makes us alive again


These words say it all. They describe the life God desires of us to live. His desire is for a repented heart in all of us. He desires that we live for Him each and every day of our life. When we do these two things, we will receive victory! Woo hoo! That is the goal of my life! I love the way Peter describes the life we are to live in I Peter 2:21-25. Specifically in verse 23 where it reads, "He suffered in silence, content to let God set things right." Those words speak volumes. When Jesus saw sin, He did not have to make it right Himself because He knew His Heavenly Father would take care of things. If we are to be Christ-like, then we need to have the same attitude. Ouch! We cannot fix everyone's problems nor should we try. We are not going to be able to make everything right nor should we try. Instead we need to allow God to take care of things. We must remember He takes care of every little detail. The verse prior to this says, "They called him every name in the book and he said nothing back." Wow! Jesus, in human form, did this. We, in human form, can do the same when we allow the Holy Spirit to reside in us and work through us. When people say hurtful things or do hurtful things to us, our response needs to be whatever the Holy Spirit tells us to do or say. Sometimes that means being silent while other times it means speaking up. We must ask Him for His direction. If we don't, He will not be glorified through us. In the NIV it tells us He died for us so we can "live for righteousness" (vs. 24). In The Message it reads, "to live the right way." Yes! Living a life of righteousness...a life of holiness...the right way...however you want to say it, it IS the way to live.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song and Scripture that remind me there are times I need to stay silent. You know the situation I have been hurt over. You know I have been contemplating saying something to the individual. I am so thankful You brought this to me so I will be silent.I thank You for the direction You give me each and every day. I thank You for the example Jesus gave while on this earth on how to live. Lord, fill me to overflowing with more of You so You will be glorified through me. I pray people will see and hear You instead of me today. Bless my efforts throughout this day. Thank You for being My Victory! Amen.

No comments: