Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Peter 2:9-10 - "It's Your Life"


Sometimes dreams seem so real. When you wake up and think them through you wonder if the Lord is telling you something. Last night I dreamt about a young man who I watched grow up in a tough family situation. He was ornery at times but he was a 'good' boy. In recent years as a young man he has started living in the path of his father. My heart breaks for the Momma who is watching one of her sons get in trouble with the law. From this dream I started thinking about if there were something we could have done different to influence this young man. We had chances with him and showed him Jesus through our words and actions yet he still is taking the road of the enemy. Did we fail? What could we have done differently? There were times when his father tried to get away from the addiction but the enemy had a such a hold on him. How could we have made a difference in his life? What could we have done to knock the enemy down in him? It is hard to see such situations and I know there will be more times of feeling like we are failures. But I also know people all have a choice to make. They can either choose God or choose to allow the enemy to play havoc in their life. Sometimes prayer is the only thing we can do for them. It cannot be the last resort but it can be the only thing to do. My heart is heavy this morning as I think back on my dream. This young man was reaching out and wanted to talk. I tried to make it happen but people got in the way. This morning I wondered if that truly happen at some point in time when we were still in Willard. Did he try to reach out to me and it didn't work? Oh how I hope not. I hope I didn't miss an opportunity to be Jesus to him. In my dream as he walked away he had tears. What a heart breaking experience. Was the Lord showing me of something yet to come or was He showing me of a time I failed? No matter what, I know I need to be more aware of people and their situations. The words to "It's Your Life" come to my mind again this morning...

To live the way that you believe
This is your opportunity
To let your life be one that lights the way


Yes! This is exactly what I want for my life! I want to seize every opportunity He gives me to be Him to people. I want to be a beacon of light for Him that shines! I think about a lighthouse that enables people to find their way. He is My Lighthouse and I want to follow His example. He has called me to be His servant. He has called me to love with His love. Woo hoo! The past is just that. Today is a new day where I need to be aware of the opportunities He has for me to be Christ-like. I need to be aware of situations people are in and show them how to live in His Spirit. He is the Only Way anyone will live for eternity with Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You woke me at 3AM with a word for a brother in Christ. Thank You for the way You gave me this dream to show me to be more intentional in seeing people's situations. Father, I do pray for the young man in my dream. I pray his eyes and heart would be opened back up to You. He knows You yet is not living for You. I pray for someone to be put into His path who will wake him up to the road of destruction he is on. Lord, I also pray for You to be more in me....more in my words...more in my actions...more in my attitude. Speak through me so people will have no doubt You are the One speaking. Thank You Jesus for showing me the way and being My Lighthouse. Amen.

No comments: