Tuesday, February 21, 2017

I Peter 4:11 - "Love Lifted Me"


I was awake several times during the night and each time these words were going through my mind...

Love lifted me! Love lifted me!
When nothing else could help
Love lifted me!

Amen! I love the second verse to this hymn where it says, "In His blessed presence live, ever His praises sing"! It continues, "Love so mighty and so true, merits my soul's best songs, Faithful, loving service too, to Him belongs." That is what life is all about...loving and living for Him. Life is not about how many years one has been in the church. It is not about how many times you've taught Sunday school or sang in the choir. Those are just things one does as a believer. But more importantly a life lived for Him is how many people you have brought to know the love of Jesus. Too many people get caught up in 'doing stuff' in the church when they are missing the boat as to what the Lord wants of us. I am thankful for those who brought my brother back into relationship with His Heavenly Father. It is strange to say but I am thankful for his cancer. If he would have never had cancer, he nor his family may have never came to the end of self and accepted Christ. Sometimes it takes 'bad things' to make us realize just how much we need the Lord. It is through the 'bad' that 'good' can happen. I know myself when I am going through tough times I draw closer to Him. These last few days have been tough ones yet I continue to lean on His strength. I know I won't turn from Him because I know He won't turn from me. He knows the outcome with Doc's health issues. He knows what is causing the pain in my physical body and my emotional body. He knows. Plain and simple. I do not have to fret or worry because He is taking care of things. It may not happen in the time I desire but it will happen in His time.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love! Thank You for accepting Gene into your loving arms! Thank You for knowledge that I do not have to fret or worry but instead can rest in You. Lord, I pray You will not allow my pain to distract from what You desire of me. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You instead of me. I pray for physical strength as we have the children and teens tonight. I pray for wisdom with my physical body. Lord, I also pray for my family who are grieving over our loss. I pray for mending in relationships. Father, most of all I pray for all of my family to come into relationship with You. Lord, may I be a shining light for You in these dark days. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: