Wednesday, February 8, 2017

I Peter 2:1-3 - "The More I Seek You"


Peter's words at the beginning of I Peter 2 are strong. In fact, if he were living today and said these words he would be ridiculed. People would tell him he didn't understand their circumstances or live in their shoes. But his point is we need to let go of the way we use to live when we begin our journey with the Lord. Not only that but we also must seek to go deeper in our walk. I was watching Baby Everly the other day as she was crying for her Momma to feed her. Once she latched on she was quite content and ate hungrily. Her Momma said she shouldn't be hungry yet but she sure did take it and eat! That is exactly how we need to be with the Lord. It will be then, and only then, we will go deeper and receive a greater faith. As I read these verses I thought about how new believers tend to be like this. They are excited and want to know all there is to know about the Lord. Many times they go to church every time the door is opened. They surround themselves around other believers. But then as time goes on the excitement dwindles and other things become more important than going to church. Instead of reading their Bible, doing devotions, praying, etc. there are things such as shopping, sports events, getting together with friends, etc. that take the place of worship with their church family. It is sad to see so many people taking the road of the world instead of God's way. Many try to justify it by saying things like "it's my only day off" or "my children need to have some fun." If they could see in the future as to how their decisions would effect their family, they would think twice. God never turns us away. He never says, "I don't have time for you." The desire of His heart is that we live in His presence, 24/7. I pray for more people to be open to this type of relationship. I pray for people who have been in the church for years to become excited about church. I sometimes dread going to church because of people's attitudes that the enemy tries to pull me down through. But once I pray for the Lord to put blinders on my eyes to them I realize they are not why I am there. I go to church because I know that is what the Lord desires of me and He will bless me through it. As a worship leader it is hard to see people who choose to not participate in worship. Many times I close my eyes so I will not allow their actions to be a distraction to my worship. Yes I am there to lead people into worship but most of all I am there to worship Him. The desire of my heart is to be like how Baby Everly is at the breast...hungry and desiring more. I want to drink in as much as I possibly can of the Lord and what He has for me. It is then, and only then, He will fill me to overflowing with Himself.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for last night with the new kids who came for activities. Thank You for the strength You provided to me to enjoy the evening. Lord, I pray they saw You in me. I pray they will desire to come back next week to learn more about You. Father, I also pray they will learn what a 24/7 life is all about through me. I pray for those who have been believers for years to learn that too. Father, fill me to overflowing so people will see You in me. Today I am praying for my NCO family. I pray for the pastors and churches, the people who are going through physical ailments, the leadership...most of all I pray they will find a life of holy living. I pray the same for my SC district family. Lord, You have blessed me with opening up my world with new people. I thank You for that. I thank You for each and every person You have introduced me to since this move. Bless my efforts as I live Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Milk. Amen.






No comments: