Thursday, February 2, 2017

I Peter 1:21 - "Remember"


The words to Passion's "Remember" were going through my head this morning...

Down in the valley when waters rise
I'm still believing hope is alive
All through the struggle and darkest day
I'll remember the empty grave

This song is a great reminder to 'remember' what the Lord has done for us. He didn't just die for us but He rose again! Woo hoo! That victory is what allows each one to walk in His Spirit every day. His love, mercy and grace enables us to no longer act as victims but instead to rejoice in Him. The song starts with, "My heart hangs on every word that You speak..." If we want to sing those words and truly mean them, we first must live in His Presence. If we are not spending time with Him, we can't hear His Voice. As I was reading I Peter 1 this morning I stopped at verse twenty-one. It is because of His death and resurrection that we live not only on this earth but with Him for eternity. It is because of His death and resurrection that we trust Him and have faith that He will always be with us no matter what we go through. It is because of His death and resurrection we can be empowered to live a life in His Spirit. "Hallelujah death is done, all of hell is overcome, Jesus You are alive!" Woo hoo! He lives in and through us when we allow Him. "Your touch bringing me closer, Your hand healing what's broken..." Those words are so true in my life. The more He uses me to be His servant, the deeper I go in my relationship with Him. As He shows me answers to prayers, my faith is deepened. When I am obedient and say something He gives me for someone, my faith sky rockets by their response. No matter if I am in a valley or on a mountain top, "I'm still believing hope is alive..." Yes! I will continue to 'remember' what the Lord has done and continues to do in and through me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the energy You provided yesterday! Thank You for the two walks You enabled me to take! Thank You for the beauty of Your creation I enjoyed on those walks! Father, I praise You in the valleys and I praise You on the mountain tops! I 'remember' where You have brought me from and look forward to where You are taking me. Lord, I'm not sure what today holds but You do and that is all that matters. You know the desires of my heart on what I would like to see happen but I only want them to happen if they are part of Your will. Fill me to overflowing with more of You so people will see and hear You through me today. Thank You Jesus for being My Past, Present and Future! Amen.

No comments: