Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I Peter 3:8-9 - "Magnify"


I woke up this morning to these words from the song "Magnify" going through my head....

Take it all take it all away
Magnify no other name
Open up open up my eyes
To you, To you...


Another part of this song goes...

God be greater than the worries in my life
Be stronger than the weakness in my mind
Be louder let your glory come alive
Be magnified, Be magnified...



Yes! No matter what happens during my day I want the Lord to be glorified. The desire in my heart is for Him to be glorified through my actions and my reactions. In I Peter 3 Peter gives clear direction on what our "job" is while on this earth and that is "to bless" others. When we do this, we will be blessed in return. Woo hoo! The greatest blessing we will receive in living a life of His love is that of eternal life. In order to receive this gift we must get to the end of ourselves and allow His Holy Spirit to work in and through us. The key to living this type of life is found in the words "Until you're all that's left" which are found in this song...

My sight is incomplete and I made you look small
I've been staring at my problems for way too long
Realign where my hope is set
Until you're all that's left


Yes! Nothing else in this world matters as much as He does. No matter if we are on top of the mountain or in the valley He is the key. Our actions and reactions will determine whether He will be magnified or glorified. People are watching to see how we handle the ups and downs of life but most importantly He is watching. His desire is to bless us. I imagine His heart hurts when we don't live out a life of holiness. I sure don't want to hurt Him after all He did and does for me. I want to "magnify" Him! Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for yesterday with the time You gave us to take a walk in the beauty of Your creation. Thank You for the fun times and the memories we made last night with the children and teens. Thank You for giving me strength for yesterday and rest last night. Thank You for the song my friend Sheryl sent to me that encouraged me greatly. Thank You for all of the messages of encouragement sent from many yesterday and the phone call from Crystal that made me feel better. Lord, You are so good at putting people in my life to encourage me and for that I am grateful. Father, I want to be a blessing to You by my actions and my reactions. I pray for more of You to ooze out of my words, actions and attitude so people will desire to have a life with You. I pray for people to go deeper in their walk with You to the point of living out a life of holiness. Father, You are truly the key to eternal life and oh how I pray for more people to accept You. Thank You Father for being My Key. Amen.


No comments: