Thursday, February 16, 2017

I Peter 3:13-18; I Thessalonians 5:19;23 - "Testify"


After the third time of waking up with weird dreams and having the words to "Testify" going through my mind I began to wonder what the Lord was trying to tell me. I believe I must not be testifying enough. I do my best to share what the Lord has done for me to whoever will listen. I strive to live a life for Him 24/7, doing His will. But no matter how much I do or say there is always room for improvement. When the Lord called me to go deeper with Him, I was obedient. I didn't do it quite in the manner He desired so He stopped me physically so my complete attention could be on Him. The deeper I went, the more blessed I became. That is how it is in a relationship with Him. He desires us to become more like Him. He desires us to no longer have the desire to sin. I love the words to this song...

Wave after wave
As deep calls to deep
Oh, I'll reveal my mystery
As soon as you start to let go

Yes! We have to let go of self and the ways of the world in order to find what He wants for us. The 'mystery' of His love is embraced in a whole new way as we allow Him full control over every aspect of our life. We don't have control anyway but we sure like to think we do. Oh how I miss the days of being in church and hearing Chester testify of what God had done in his life. I loved hearing the stories of Grace waving her hankie and getting blessed. Sometimes I think I should have lived in a simpler time. A time where...

  • it didn't matter how long the service went on Sunday as long as the Spirit led it
  • church services were lively and people testified
  • the music wasn't an issue because everyone was there to worship
But I must remember God has me in this time for a reason. When I get blessed, it might be a surprise to people but it is genuinely the Holy Spirit oozing out of me. I will not apologize nor will I stifle it because that would only hurt Him. Paul tells us in I Thessalonians 5:19 not to quench the Spirit. In verse 23 he tells us, "Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again." There is a connection to these two verses. We need to allow the Holy Spirit to work in and through us in order to be 'kept blameless.' That means if the Holy Spirit comes down on us and blesses us we need to allow Him. It means if He chooses to have us be blessed in the middle of a church service, we need to let it out. It doesn't mean we need to interrupt the service but it needs to be a part of the service. If He prompts us to testify, we better do it. It is up to Him to take care of people's attitudes, not us. He is the Only One we need to please. He doesn't care if a church service goes 'too long' or doesn't go the 'way it is suppose to' but instead He desires to see His Spirit have free reign. Oh how I pray for more of these type of services.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders throughout the night of what You desire of me. Thank You for blessing me in abundance. Thank You for having me in this time, in this place even though I long for simpler times.The most important thing I long for is Your Holy Spirit residing in me.I ask for forgiveness for the times I have stifled Your Holy Spirit in a service. Lord, enable me to remember You are the Only One I need to please. I thank You for the opportunities You will give me today to share Your love. I thank You for the way You continue to give peace in the storms of life. Lord, You know the things laying heavy on my heart and You also know the outcome of these situations. Thank You I do not have to fret over them. I pray blessings over those who are hurting deeply today due to deaths. I pray Your peace will come down upon them in a whole new way. Thank You Jesus for being My Deep. Amen.

No comments: