Thursday, January 23, 2014

Psalm 19:14; Proverbs 18:21; I Thess 5:11 - "Words"



When I saw this picture, I was reminded of the song called "Words" by Hawk Nelson.



We have a choice each and every time we open our mouths to speak.  That choice is to give life-breathing words or to give death.  I don't know how many times I've said something that came out wrong or that I was caught up in the emotion of the moment and said something not life-breathing.  Everything that comes out of my mouth should be to glorify the Lord not give the enemy pleasure.  The song goes….

Let my words be life
Let my words be truth
I don't wanna say a word
Unless it points the world back to you

I am praying Psalm 19:14 today….May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.  

I also am praying for my words to be those of life as is Proverbs 18:21…The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.


My third prayer is that I will do my best to do as the Lord tells us in I Thessalonians 5:11...Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Thank You Jesus for being The One I Desire to Glorify!  Amen.

No comments: