Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Jeremiah 33:3 - Praying for Many

Sometimes I feel helpless in not knowing what to say to people I talk with who are going through a tough time.  I try to encourage them with my words.  I listen to what the Lord tells me to say to them.  But there are times I feel like I'm not being an effective encourager.  It hurts when people get mad at me when I tell them the truth.  Many times they don't want to hear the truth.  But I can't take it personally.  I am being the Lord's servant as I share with them what He gives me.  Hopefully I plant seeds that will harvested.  There are times when people are so stressed over their circumstances they aren't thinking clearly.  No matter what, I can't give up on people.

This morning I am praying scriptures over some who are going through tough stuff…

For the ones going through physical ailments including surgery…Josh 1:9............ "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

For the ones who have recently lost a loved one…Philippians 4:6-7..."Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

For the ones who are dealing with addiction…Rom 8:37............ "Yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."

For the ones who are under spiritual warfare…Josh 1:9............ "Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

For the ones who are dealing with problems in relationships…
Mt 21:21............Father, I come before You in prayer and in faith.
Rom 13:11........Your Word says that now is the time for all to awaken from sleep,
Rom 13:11.........For our salvation is nearer now than we first believed.
Col 1:13.............Lord, deliver my loved ones from the power of darkness,
Rom 13:12.........and cause them to put on the armor of light.
Rom 13:14.........Help them in their daily walk to put on the Lord Jesus Christ
Rom 13:13.........and to avoid the lusts and idolatry of life.
Ps 119:37..........Cause them to turn their eyes away from worthless things,
2Tim 2:26..........to come to their senses, and escape the snare of the devil.
Rom 13:13.........Deliver them from immorality, strife, and envy,
Heb 10:22..........and draw them near to You, Father, with a true heart.
Mt 5:6...............Create in them a hunger and thirst for You and Your righteousness,
Ps 119:37.........and revive them in Your ways.
Col 1:9..............I ask that You fill them with the knowledge of Your will
Col 1:9..............in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
Col 1:10............that they might have a walk worthy of You, Lord,
Col 1:10............fully pleasing You, being fruitful in every good work,
Col 1:10............and increasing in the knowledge of You,
Col 1:11............strengthened with all might, according to Your glorious power.
Rom 8:30..........Bring them into the calling that You have predestined for them;
1Chr 28:9..........help them to serve You with a loyal heart and with a willing mind,
Ps 32:8.............and instruct them in the way they should go.
Jas 1:22............Let them be doers of the Word and not hearers only,
Ps 119:97.........meditating in Your Word day and night.
Ps 112:6...........Establish their heart, so they will never be shaken,
1Cor 10:13........and show them a way of escape with every temptation.
Rom 13:8..........Let them owe no man anything except their love.
1Jn 3:18...........A love that is in deed and truth, not just in word and speech.
Ps 110:3..........Let them be volunteers serving You in the time of Your power.
Mt 6:33............Seeking first Your kingdom so that they will reap abundant blessings.
Prov 3:9...........I pray that they will honor You with their possessions
Prov 3:9...........and with the firstfruits of their increase;
Ps 111:1..........Praising the Lord with their whole heart in the assembly
Ps 111:1..........of the upright and in the congregation,
Mic 6:8............walking humbly with You Lord, being determined to act justly,
Ps 112:4..........loving mercy and righteousness,
Ps 112:4..........being gracious and full of compassion.

For the ones who feel worthless…Ephesians 2:10...For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

For the ones who are dealing with issues in their ministry…Rom 8:31......... "If God be for us, who can be against us? and 1Sam 12:16...... "...stand and see this great thing which the Lord will do before your eyes… and Col 3:23.......... "Whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men,… and Rom 8:28............ "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."

Dear Jesus, 
I am praying Jeremiah 33:3 for myself.  I ask that You do exactly as this verse says.  The desire of my heart is as I call upon You for Your Words to give to others that You will show me "…great and mighty things, which I do not know."  I pray for Your Words to flow off my lips.  Not only for Your Words, Lord but I also pray for You to shine through me.  Lord, You are so awesome in the way You give me opportunities to be You to others.  I pray for more of You and less of me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Words.  Amen.

No comments: