Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blessings - "Worn"

These last few weeks have been challenging for me physically.  I've dealt with lower back pain; went through a colonoscopy, annual exam and mammogram; and had a minor surgery a few days before Christmas.  Physically I am tired.  Spiritually I am weakening.  Emotionally I am drained.  This morning I wrote these words in my private journal…

Dear Jesus,
I am standing on Your promises as I wait on these results of my mammogram.  Lord, whatever You have in my days ahead, I will rely on Your Strength.  Do I want there to be be cancer?  My initial thought is, "No!" but then I think "Whatever glorifies You Lord."  Amen.

I went to prayer time wondering how I would get through without breaking down.  I have been so emotional since my mammogram yesterday and hearing there was something different.  The Lord showed up in a mighty way in that room today.  His presence was so great that I started singing "There's A Sweet, Sweet Spirit" and we were all praising the Lord.  As I prayed, I claimed II Timothy 1:7 for myself.  My paraphrase…God didn't give me a spirit of fear but of power, love and self-control.  I also prayed for the joy that we are told to have in James 1 as we go through difficult times.  Of course, I prayed for His Strength as in Philippians 4:13.  When I left the ladies, I was encouraged and hopeful.  

A little over an hour later I received a call from the doctor saying, "It's benign!"  I don't understand exactly how they can tell that from a mammogram but I am claiming it!  I praise the Lord for strengthening my faith over these last few weeks and especially over the last 18+ hours.  He is so awesome!  

As I pulled into the garage the song "Worn" came on KLOVE.  Even though the song isn't necessarily in a physical sense being "Worn" it still is something I can relate to.

And my prayers are wearing thin
I'm worn even before the day begins
I'm worn I've lost my will to fight
I'm worn so heaven so come and fluid my eyes

I knew this morning in prayer time that my prayers were being heard.  I'm thankful I haven't "…lost my will to fight…"  If I do, the MS will take over and I can't allow that.  I won't allow that.  I'm thankful the Lord will allow my physical body to mend which in turn will mend the rest of my being.  Sometimes when I deal with physical issues I feel guilty in asking for prayer because I know there are so many others going through worse.  But I need the prayer support of others.  I need to know there are people who are going to the Feet of Jesus for me.  As I told the ladies this morning, I miss my friend Lenore.  Losing her and my Daddy within a short time of one another gave me a great loss.  I knew they prayed for me regularly and was so grateful for their prayers.  A friend shared with me how their prayers are still working because when we pray for someone it's not just a one-time thing but continues.  I like that idea.  Joan reminded me this morning there are people who pray for me and I know that.  I think because they both told me they prayed for me it sunk in more.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me with good news today!  Thank You for strengthening my faith through these last few weeks.  Father, I praise You for answered prayers.  As I have said many times You answer in different ways but Your way is always the best way.  Father, thank You for those who pray for me.  Lord, I ask for a continued healing in my physical body.  Thank You Jesus for being My Blesser!  Amen.


No comments: