Wednesday, January 1, 2014

II Timothy 1:7 - Looking Ahead

These last couple of weeks have been a bit tough in a lot of ways.  The busyness of the holidays usually is enough for me but then to throw in a procedure with complications, Doc's rib injury, my back issues and having the privilege to work some at the hospital…oh my, oh my!  I am so thankful the Lord gave me strength to not only get through these days but most importantly to see blessings within them.  

Most of the time when I pray with one in the hospital I thank the Lord for "doctors, hospitals and all who give care."  Over the last couple weeks I've been on the receiving end of those prayers a few times.  I am so thankful for healthcare!  I am also thankful for the blessings I received the last couple of weeks…

...hearing Dr. McCormick give me a clean bill of health after my colonoscopy...
…hearing Dr. Vicki say all of my moles were OK and everything looked good for my exam…
…having the steroids help with some of my back pain…
…having our first family Christmas gathering with my Momma since my Daddy died…
…seeing the excitement on my grand babies faces as they opened up presents…
…having both Paul and Ben's families together…
…being able to physically be a part of the Christmas Eve service at church...
…having the opportunity to minister at the hospital…
…seeing the smile on a doctor's face and hearing them say "there's my angel of intervention"
…hearing my husband pray for 2014 to be another year of the Lord expanding our territories.

Before we came to Willard, we started praying the prayer of Jabez on New Year's.  That was January, the Lord brought us to Willard in May/June.  Three or four years ago he prayed for the Lord to expand our territories.  That spring he started working with Willard Police Department in the area of chaplain.  Last year he prayed for the Lord to expand our territories.  In May I received a call from Willard Mercy asking me to be a part of their chaplaincy program.  If the Lord chooses to expand our territories this year, what will that include?  I've been praying about some ministries that would stretch our church but would definitely be a blessing to all involved.  Perhaps that will be how our territories are expanded.  Wherever, however, and whenever the Lord leads, I pray we, as individuals and as a church, will be ready.  

Over the next week I have some things that can cause worry and stress but I know the Lord is in control.  I think of II Timothy 1:7 (my paraphrase)…God does not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.  

  • The Lord will take care of this back pain, one way or another.  He will heal me instantaneously or through doctors.  I will not fear the unknown.
  • The Lord knows what is best for us financially.  He will take care of the application for assistance with my MS pill.  We have been blessed from the beginning of starting this pill with getting assistance.  If we are to continue, woo hoo!  If the assistance doesn't continue, then the Lord will lead us on how we will pay for it.
  • The Lord will heal Doc's ribs.  Plain and simple.  We don't have to fret over it but we do need to continue to pray for him to have strength over the pain he is enduring.
This picture is above my computer at the hospital.  It reminds me to take in everything the Lord puts before me and allow Him to give me His Joy no matter what the circumstances.




As I think ahead to 2014, I am excited!  I look forward to celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.  It's going to be fun as we do "25 Celebrations Before Our 25th!"  I look forward to seeing what doors the Lord opens up for us over these next nine months on things to do to celebrate.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for getting me through these last few weeks.  Thank You for blessing me through them in mighty ways.  Thank You for all of the blessings of 2013.  I look forward to the opportunities You will give me in 2014 to love on people and show them how to live a life for You.  I pray for the souls of many who haven't committed to You.  I also pray for the ones who have allowed their circumstances to pull them away from You.  Lord, would You please give me exactly what I need in all circumstances You put before me so that I will be Your effective servant?  That's all I am asking for the new year.  I want You to be proud of me.  When I heard Doc tell the boys "I'm proud of you!" when they were here, I thought what a blessing to hear from your parent.  Lord, I want You to be proud of me.  Thank You for being My Heavenly Father!  Amen.

No comments: