Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Proverbs 31:10-31 - Happy Birthday, Momma

Today is my Momma's 83rd birthday!  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for her!  She is such a blessing to not only myself but to many others.  I am so thankful for all she has taught me...how to be a giving person…how to not be selfish.  

Proverbs 31:10-31 (NIV)

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
She was the love of my Daddy's life for 66+ years.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
    and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
    bringing her food from afar.
She and my Daddy have provided food to many, many people in time of need and in time of celebration.  The other day she made a meal for a couple going through a rough time with his heal.  
15 She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
    out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
    her arms are strong for her tasks.
She has always worked hard no matter if it were as a mother, nurse, going to college…whatever the task was in front of her.  
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
    and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
    and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
    and extends her hands to the needy.
She was always involved in ministries such as the Free Store.  With being a nurse she always was extending her hand of healing.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
    for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
    she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
    where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
She was always by my Daddy's side…they were one in all they did.  She completed him and he completed her.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
    and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
    she can laugh at the days to come.
Her strength since my Daddy's death has been phenomenal.  I know it's because she lives by Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. 
26 She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She has taught me so much not only from her words but also her actions.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
    and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
    her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
She has always looked so much younger than her age.  I tend to think part of that is because of the way she loves the Lord!31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
    and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Yes, I am so thankful for having the Momma that I do.  I am grateful for all she has taught me. I know today will be a lonely day.  I was telling someone the other day that with her birthday being in the middle of winter we didn't always get to see her for it.  But my Daddy was always there to give her a good day and make her feel special.  I hope we can help her day to feel special.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for my Momma.  Thank You for the love she has for You.  Father, I pray for Your strength to be with her today in abundance.  I pray blessings over her and ask You to stay so close to her today.  Thank You Jesus for being My Provider of such a great Momma!  Amen. 

No comments: