Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Rev. 3:7-13 - Open Doors

The Lord has been speaking to me about "open doors" these last few days.  Sometimes I don't understand when the Lord opens a door only to close it later on.  But when I question Him he says, "Daughter, I am allowed to change my mind."  LOL  He took me to the third chapter of Revelation where he was talking to the church of Philadelphia.  

“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write:


These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. 10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.  11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown. 12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name. 13 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.


These words are encouraging to me to keep on keepin' on when the enemy comes knocking at my door.  I see believers who are faltering in their faith due to their circumstances.  Sometimes the Lord puts tough circumstances in our path to increase our faith.  Sometimes the enemy gives us roadblocks to trip us up.  The most important thing we can do, as a believer, is to be living in His Presence so we can hear the Lord's Voice.  When we live an on-again/off-again life for the Lord, we get confused with who we hear.  In order to have eternal victory, we must be listening only to the Lord.  

Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for giving me the opportunity to live in Your Presence.  I am so grateful for the knowledge of this way of life.  You are so awesome, Lord, in the way You direct my path.  Woo hoo!  Thank You for being My Door Opener!  Amen.

No comments: