Monday, January 6, 2014

Luke 6:45 - Words of Life

Words.  They can hurt you or they can uplift you.  Sometimes we don't even know when we say something that hurts someone.  Other times words come out of our mouths intentionally to hurt others.  I don't understand how anyone can intentionally hurt someone else, especially someone they love.  I know Doc has said many times, "Hurting people hurt people."  But just because one is hurting it doesn't mean they have the right to hurt others.  I am really struggling with not wanting to say something to someone who hurts someone I love over and over again with their words.  I know my words have to be chosen wisely or I will be committing the same offense.  As I reflect back on the situation, I have in the past tried to talk to this person but feel like I get no where.  They are oblivious to their actions.  

I have to remind myself of what I told the teens yesterday.  The Lord put us on this earth to plant seeds.  Sometimes we have opportunity to cultivate those seeds, sometimes we don't.  Sometimes we will see the harvest of the seeds we've sowed while other times we won't.  I know I've planted seeds in this situation and I will continue to do so.  I also know I need to continue to pray for this person for whatever is causing them to be so hurtful to others.  





When I am full of the Lord, He will flow from me.  When I allow hurt to cause me to be angry or mad, there is no room for Him in me.  Luke 6:45 states it very clearly.  "A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.  For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of."  

I am praying the following scriptures today to enable me to be more godly in my words.  I want my words to not only bring peace and joy to me but especially to those I come in contact with.  

Colossians 3:16  (NIV)
Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.
Proverbs 18:21 (NIV)
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NIV)
Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.
Matthew 15:18 (GW)
But whatever goes out of the mouth comes from within, and that’s what makes a person unclean.
Ephesians 4:29 (GW)
Don’t say anything that would hurt another person. Instead, speak only what is good so that you can give help wherever it is needed. That way, what you say will help those who hear you.
Matthew 12:37 (NIV)
For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Psalm 19:14 (NIV)
May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Isaiah 50:4 (NIV)
The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.
Dear Jesus,
I pray for my words to be Your words.  I also pray for this one who continues to tear down others with their words.  I pray for whatever hurt they are dealing with to be revealed to them and them to be healed.  Father, I pray for Your touch upon their life.  Thank You Father for being who You are in my life.  Thank You for giving me reason to speak life in my words.  Thank You for being My Words!  Amen.

No comments: