Monday, January 27, 2014

Psalm 16 - Hearing the Lord's Voice



I have so many people ask me how I know it's God speaking to me.  For one thing, He addresses me as "Daughter."  Another thing is that I feel at peace when He speaks to me.  Even if I am in a distressing time I still feel His Peace instantly when I hear and listen to Him.  

There is a difference in hearing and listening.  We hear lots of things throughout the day but unless we are listening we won't grasp them.  If we hear the Lord's Voice but don't listen to Him, we won't experience His Peace.

The one thing that I am 100% certain of is when the enemy speaks to me.  He is clever and tries to disguise himself but his voice doesn't give the same peace as the Lord's no matter how hard he tries.  I use to have a problem with differentiating between the Lord's Voice and my own.  I am grateful that is no longer an issue.  As I seek the Lord and the direction He desires of me I draw closer to Him.  Living in the Lord's Presence is a life that I don't ever want to lose.  I pray every day for more of Him and less of me.  

In order to listen to the Lord, I first must hear His Voice
In order to hear His Voice, I first must be living in His Presence
In order to be living in His Presence, I first must be totally surrendered to Him.

Psalm 16

Keep me safe, my God,
    for in you I take refuge.
I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    apart from you I have no good thing.”
I say of the holy people who are in the land,
    “They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
    I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
    or take up their names on my lips.
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
    you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
    surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
    even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
    With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
    my body also will rest secure,
10 because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
    nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
11 You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this life You have given me.  I praise Your Holy Name for the way You direct my path.  I especially praise You for the Joy You give me as I live in Your Presence.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for being My Everything!  Amen.

No comments: