Saturday, January 18, 2014

Revelation 20:11-15 - Lake of Fire

3:34 AM….woke up to an urgent "Prayer for protection for a family member!"  I didn't ask the Lord, "Who?" but right away my Momma came to my mind.  I must admit that scared me.  But then I had a horrendous hot flash and the thought came to my mind, "Is someone going to hell?"  OK, so I know my Momma is going to heaven so it must not be her.  But even still I was thankful when the time came this morning that I could call and check on her.

Sometimes when the Lord wakes me to pray for someone I will ask who and sometimes I don't.  I think it's the human part of me that doesn't want to know such details.  Sometimes it's easier to pray without all the details.  No matter whether I know or don't know who or the circumstances I always do as the Lord asks of me.  

So this morning when I got up I prayed for the Lord to guide me to scripture to go along with my prayers during the night.  He took me to Revelation 20, specifically verses eleven through fifteen.

11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire.The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Those who don't have the promise of eternal life will go to the lake of fire.  What torture they will have there.  I have to chuckle as I think how bad my hot flashes are but they are nothing compared to what hell must be like.  Once again I wonder why would anyone choose death over life.  If someone has never heard of Jesus that's one thing but to know what He is all about and still choose hell is incomprehensible to me.  I know some believe life in the world is easier and more fun than that of a life for Christ.  I totally disagree.  I am so blessed as I live for the Lord. Life isn't always easy but it is always blessed.

Dear Jesus,
I don't know who it was You had me praying for during the night but I pray whoever it was will know there was something going on.  I pray they will have their eyes opened to You.  I also pray they will realize a life with satan is not the way to live.  Father, thank You for loving me and blessing me in such abundance!  Thank You for being My Promise of Eternity.  Amen.

No comments: