Monday, January 20, 2014

Phil 4:13; II Timothy 1:17; James 1:2-4 - "Praise You in This Storm"


When I saw this picture, the first thing I thought of was "AMEN!"  Woo hoo!  
The only way to get through the storms of life is to have His Peace.  
The only way to have His Peace is to live in His Presence.  
The only way to live in His Presence is to surrender all of self and allow Him full reign of your life.  
The only way to surrender all of self and allow Him full reign of your life is to first have the desire in your heart to do it and then to have the His Strength to live it.

I have been going through a storm in my physical body for the last couple of months.  I am thankful to say that I have Him protecting me just as an umbrella protects us from rain in a storm.  It's interesting to think about how when rain comes down it can be a gentle rain or it can come down in torrential down pours.  A rainstorm can last a few minutes or can continue for days.  I'm experiencing a storm that won't seem to quit but thankfully it does let up a little from time to time.  

What is the purpose of this storm?  The Lord has told me that others need to see the way I handle the storms He gives me.  Over and over again He has reminded me of His Word.  I can't even begin to remember all of the times these words have came off my lips over these last couple of months.

 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.  Philippians 4:13

God does not give us a spirit that makes me afraid but He gives me a spirit of power, love and self-control.  II Timothy 1:7

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faithproduces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2-4

I am blessed in living in His Presence.  There is no doubt in my mind as to what He expects of me.  Right now, as I go through this storm, He is calling me to be stronger than I've ever been before.  He has told me that I must be strong in my faith in order for others to have the desire for Him in their own lives.  

This morning I am singing Casting Crown's "Praise You In This Storm."  There are times when I do feel like I want this storm to be over and I did think it would have been before this.  But then the Lord speaks to me again with encouraging words that He is using me for a purpose.

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm



Yes, "I will praise You in this storm."  As we were singing "Open the Eyes of My Heart" yesterday in church I was overcome with emotion.  "Holy, holy, holy.  You are holy, holy, holy…I want to see You."  That is the desire of my heart.  That is the whole reason for my being.  Thank You Jesus!  Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
I do praise You through this storm.  I praise You for a lot of different reasons.  One is because I draw closer to You each and every time You speak to me.  Secondly, I know someone will draw closer to You through my storm.  Another reason I praise You is because You continually are encouraging me through this storm.  I couldn't handle it if it You didn't.  Father, as I've been praying…more of You and less of me.  Thank You Lord for being My Presence!  Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

God's breath flows
Never changing
A River oF light
Peace in the storm