Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Never Once"

I was listening to KLOVE as I called to the hospital in the middle of the night.  Matt Redman's song "Never Once" came on.  I became a little emotional as I sang along with it.  The Lord continues to be faithful no matter what.  He never leaves us stranded by the roadside of life.  When we have a break-down, He is there to fix us.  When we run out of gas, He is there to fill us up.  When He sees that we need a tune-up, He is right there to do it. 

When I think about how some vehicles go for more miles than others, I contemplate why.  Some would argue it is because of the make/model it is.  I believe it's because of the way the vehicle is cared for.  It is the same with our spiritual bodies.  When we feed them with prayer, Bible study, praise and worship, etc., we are healthier spiritually.  We will have "breakdowns" from time to time but the Lord will be right there to take care of us.



I love the part in this song that goes, "Every step we are breathing in Your grace...Evermore we’ll be breathing out Your praise."  Amen!  As we walk in His Grace He enables us to praise Him!  Yes!  I also like the part that goes, "Knowing every victory...Was Your power in us"!  Woo hoo!  He is the reason we are able to have victory each and every day as we live in this world!  He is the reason we are able to claim victory over physical issues!  He is the reason we are able to know we have victory over spiritual issues!  

Moses spoke to Israel and gave them these words in Deuteronomy 31:6...

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

The Lord is always there for us.  We don't have to worry about doing anything on our own.  When we live in His Presence, we know that He is always there to guide our path.  He blesses us as we bless Him in the way we live.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for always being here for me.  Thank You for caring for me so much.  You are so awesome in the way You guide my steps.  Thank You Jesus for being My Victory!  Amen.

No comments: