Monday, January 13, 2014

Psalm 1; 16:11 - Living In His Presence

Yesterday was such an amazing day!  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!  I love to live in the Lord's Presence.  Without a doubt, there is no better way to live.  I love to hear His Voice and  I especially love knowing I am doing His Will.  

As I started with an opening prayer in the teen Sunday School class, the Lord gave me direction on how to pray.  I did as He said.  Then when I said "amen" He blew me away with telling me to put my lesson aside and talk about His the direction He gave me.  Once again I did as He said.  I was blown away by the conversation that came out.  I was really blown away when I checked my clock and 45 minutes had passed without the conversation stopping.  I thought, "Thank You Jesus for this time with my teens."  I was also thinking about how wonderful it was that I heard His Voice through this pain I'm dealing with.  What a blessing!

Then when it came time for Doc's sermon in church he told us to lay aside our handouts because the Lord changed what he was to say.  Woo hoo!  I absolutely love these times!  Doc talked asked us, "Where is your passion?"  He was very emotional throughout the time and I prayed the whole way through for him to hear the Lord's direction.  There were a couple times where he was silent and I knew he was listening to the Lord.  What a blessing he is to me and to our church.

I don't know that we would have ever been able to do what we did yesterday a few years back.  Before experiencing living in the Lord's Presence when the Lord tried to take us out of our comfort zones we would manipulate things so they worked for us.  We tried to figure things out the way we thought they should be done.  I praise His Holy Name for bringing us to where we are today.  I also praise Him for how we continue to grow in our relationship with Him.

The pain distracts me at times and it makes it hard to concentrate.  But yesterday showed me that the Lord is greater than this pain.  Woo hoo!   Yesterday showed me that no matter what I am going through He will bless me as I live in His Presence.  That's exciting!  I was thinking about how my day would have been so much different had I allowed my pain to be what I concentrated on.  I would have missed the blessing of allowing the Lord to work through me and I would have missed the blessing of seeing Him work through Doc.  Psalm 1 encourages me to be rooted in the Lord.  He will continue to bless me as I allow Him to work through me.

Psalm 1
Blessed is the one
    who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
    or sit in the company of mockers,
but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
    and who meditates on his law day and night.
That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
    which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
    whatever they do prospers.
Not so the wicked!
    They are like chaff
    that the wind blows away.
Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,
    nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous,
    but the way of the wicked leads to destruction.

Woo hoo!  I love to read the promises of His Word.  Psalm 16:11 reads, "You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."  Triple woo hoo!  As I live in His Presence, I hear His direction…I am filled with joy…and I have the promise of eternal life!  Those three things make everything I do worth the effort.  To answer Doc's question, "Where is your passion?"  I can say that my passion is in living in the Lord's Presence.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all You did yesterday to draw me closer to You.  I also thank You for all You will do today to draw me closer to You.  Father, I pray for more of You and less of me.  I pray You will direct my path today so that I do Your Will.  Thank You for the doors that will be opened and thank You for the doors that will be shut today.  I praise You Lord for all that You do for me.  Thank You Lord for being My Presence.  Amen.

No comments: