Sunday, June 2, 2013

Song of Solomon 8:6 - "Relent"

I woke up this morning singing Jesus Culture's "Relent"....

You won't relent until you have it all
My heart is yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
Many waters cannot quench this love

You won't relent until you have it all
My heart is yours

I'll set You as a seal upon my heart
As a seal upon my arm
For there is love that is as strong as death
Jealousy demanding as the grave
Many waters cannot quench this love

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one x2

I don't wanna talk about you
Like you're not in the room
I wanna look right at you
Wanna sing right to you 

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until You and I are one

You won't relent until you have it all
My heart is yours



The definition of "relent" is:  "to become less severe, harsh, or strict usually from reasons of humanity; to cease resistance, to give in."  The Lord doesn't give up on us...His desire is that we relent and give in to all He has in store for us.  Unfortunately, as human beings we tend to hang onto things or people that don't allow full surrender to Him.  We think we need them when in fact all we really need is the Lord.  

I was doing some reading about Jesus Culture and loved they way they are described.  "Jesus Culture Music exists to ignite revival in the nations of the earth. Our heart is to compel the Body of Christ to radically abandon itself to a lifestyle of worship, motivated by a passion to see God receive the glory that is due His name. We long for Jesus to be exalted in the nations and for His manifest presence to invade this world. Although we aspire for people to sing great worship songs, we are primarily committed to see them come into His presence through worship… to encounter His extravagant love and raw power."  Woo hoo!  "...radically abandon itself to a lifestyle of worship"  means that one will no longer go through life in the same way but will allow themselves to be in His Presence 24/7, worshiping Him.  That is an exciting place to be!  Giving everything to Him gives a freedom from worldly things.  Being one with the Lord gives a whole different perspective to life.  

I was thinking this morning of some that are sitting on the fence as far as their relationship with the Lord goes.  They think they know what they want but in actuality they don't.  If they had clear thinking in regards to their relationship with Him, they would see there are some things they need to let go of and accept Him totally.  It amazes me how people fool themselves into thinking they are "ok" in their relationship with Him.  But then when I think about it I was in their shoes at one time.  What a difference my life is now.  Woo hoo!

Some of the words in this song come from Song of Solomon 8:6.  This chapter is about the love between a bride and her spouse.  We are the bride of Christ.  I like the word picture of the love between us being "...blazing fire, like a mighty flame."  Woo hoo!  YES!  

A most vehement flame - שלהבתיה (shalhebethyah), “the flame of God;” for the word is dividedשלהבת יה (shalhebeth Yah), “the flame of Jehovah,” by one hundred and sixteen of Dr. Kennicott‘s MSS., and by one hundred and fourteen of those of De Rossi. It may mean the lightning; or, as our text understands it, a most vehement or intense fire.

"Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame."  
Song of Solomon 8:6


Dear Jesus,
I praise Your Holy Name for being My Lord, My Savior, My One and Only God.  I praise You for the way You have opened my eyes to more of You.  I continue to pray for more of You and less of me in my life.  Lord, if there is anything of this world getting between us please let me see it.  I don't want to ever lose what I've gained in my spiritual life.  Thank You Lord for starting the fire inside of me and then continuing to intensify it.  Lord, as I gather with my church family today I pray for more people to be open to worshiping You.  I pray people will know You are there with us.  I praise You for all You do for me!  Thank You Lord for giving this same song to Doc this morning...confirmation, Lord of what You want of us.  Amen.








No comments: