Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Prayer Promises - "You Are"

I woke up this morning singing Colton Dixon's "You Are" and immediately thought about the two Momma's I had prayed for who were having pregnancy complications.  One has miscarried and the other is doing fine.  I pray for both of them to see Jesus in their situations. I don't understand why He answers prayers in the way He does but I do know He is there to draw close to each of these Mommas.  I pray the one who lost her baby will be able to get to the point of healing and not blame the Lord for her loss.  The song goes, "And when my circumstance leaves me with empty hands.  You are the provider of my needs."  I pray she will realize He is the One to provide her what she needs.  I pray the one who still has her baby will realize the miracle the little one is.  

I was thinking about ones who have been disappointed in the outcome of their situation.  The ones who have prayed and not received the answer they desired.  The ones who were desperate for an answer and yet felt like they never received one.  His Word gives us many promises when it comes to prayer.  How do we explain when these promises don't appear to be kept?  For example, Matthew 21:22.  "...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."  What about the Momma who lost her baby?  Didn't she believe yet she didn't receive the answer she desired.  The important key here is that she received an answer.  Her little one is now with Jesus.  Perhaps he wasn't going to make it on this earth so the Lord took him before he ever took his first breath.  We don't know but we do know His Plan is the best plan.  

We can pray and pray for things to happen in one way or another but if the plans aren't His plans He won't bless our prayers.  We have to be ready to accept His plans.  We must be willing to go with His plans even when they may not be what we desire.  Sometimes His plan is to answer our prayers with "wait" yet we don't want to so we manipulate the situation until we get our desired outcome.  Then we find ourselves in a mess.  Things may go OK for a period of time but in the end they will fall apart.  

Dear Jesus,
I praise You that I can sing this song with meaning.  "If I had no voice, If I had not tongue, I would dance for you like the rising sun.  And when that day comes and I see Your face; I will shout your endless glorious praise."  Woo hoo!  I praise You Lord for hearing my prayers.  I know You don't always answer them in the way I desire but I do know You hear them.  Father, please continue to be with these two Mommas who have went through a tough time.  I pray for them to draw closer to You.  Thank You Jesus for being My Prayer Taker!  Amen.


Prayer Promises

Jer 1:12........ "I am ready to perform My Word."
Jn 16:24....... "Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full."
Mt 21:22........."...whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Jer 33:3......... "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things..."
Jn 14:14........ "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it."
Jn 16:23........ "...whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you."
Jas 5:16........ "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Job 22:27...... "You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you..."
1Jn 5:14........ "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us."
1Jn 5:15........ "And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him."
Jn 14:13........ "And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son."
Isa 55:11....... "So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it."
Jn 15:7.......... "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you."
Mt 18:18........ "Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
Mt 18:19........ "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven."
Jn 15:16........ "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you."
Jer 29:12........ "Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you."
Isa 65:24........ "It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer, and while they are speaking I will hear."
Ps 91:15........ "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him."
Ps 141:2......... "Let my prayer be set before You as incense, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice."





When I can't find the words to say how much it hurts
You are the healing in my heart
When all that I can see are broken memories
You are the light that's in the dark

Chorus:
You are the song,
You are the song I'm singing.
You are the air,
You are the air I'm breathing
You are the hope,
You are the hope I needed.
Ohhooohh

You are

And when my circumstance leaves me with empty hands.
You are the provider of my needs.
When all my dirtiness has left me helpless.
You are the rain that washes me.

Chorus: (2x)
You are the song
You are the song I'm singing.
You are the air,
You are the air I'm breathing
You are the hope,
You are the hope I needed.
Ohhhhooohh

(X2) If I had no voice,
If I had no tongue,
I would dance for you like the rising sun.
And when that day comes and I see your face.
I will shout your endless glorious praise.

Chorus: (2x)
You are the song I'm singing.
You are the air,
You are the air I'm breathing
You are the hope,
You are the hope I needed.
Ohhhhoohhh



No comments: