Tuesday, June 18, 2013

"I used everything you gave me"

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." 
~Erma Bombeck♥

I was thinking about Erma Bombeck's quote and the Lord took me to Deuteronomy 16:17.  It reads, "Each of you must bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you."  Wow!  It doesn't say you "can" but rather it says you "must"!  When we bring our gifts to the Lord, we are showing Him gratitude for what He has done for us.  It doesn't necessarily mean in the form of money.  It can also mean our time and/or talent.  A few years ago I spoke about tithing of your time.  It wasn't a popular topic, to say the least.  A lot of people said, "How can I cram one more thing into my schedule?"  The answer was simple.  "How can you not?"  God isn't something to cram into your schedule.  God is something to put first in your schedule.  It's just like tithing your paycheck.  We must give God a minimum of ten percent right off the top before another penny is ever spent.  When we do, we will be rewarded.  According to II Corinthians 9:8, "And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."  Blessings aren't always in the form of finances.  They come in different forms.  A blessing is anything God uses to draw us closer to Him through loving us.

Dear Jesus,
I pray this quote by Erma Bombeck for myself.  I pray when I stand before You I can truly say, "I used everything You gave me."  Lord, would You please open my eyes to anything that I am holding back from You?  Would you please reveal things to me that need let go?  Father, would You also reveal new talents to me that You so desire for me to use?  Lord, You are so awesome in the way You bless me.  I thank You for all the blessings You give me each and every day.  Thank You Jesus for being My Provider of Blessings!  Amen.

No comments: