Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Barnabas - Acts 11:23-24

Once again yesterday I was reminded just how much I love being weird instead of normal!  Hearing direction from the Lord and then following through on what He gives me to do is so rewarding.  I realize to a lot of people saying one hears from God is weird but that's ok with me.  To me it is something that is a normal part of my day.  

Yesterday He blessed me mightily as He directed me to pray for two individuals who have been struggling.  One I've never met but know the parents.  The other is one who has been a part of my life for the past few years.  I found it interesting how He laid them on my heart about the same time with clear direction on how to pray.  After praying for them, I let their parents know what the Lord had me do.  Well, at least I thought that's what I did.  Not until I received a message last night did I find out the one now has their Mom's cell phone so the message I left he actually received himself.  Woo hoo!  That is so cool!  Here I was wishing I had a way of contacting him directly and the Lord took care of it!  I was so blessed as I listened to his message thanking me for the prayers and support.  

Once again I began to wonder...
...what if I would have been too busy to pray when the Lord called upon me?
...what difference did my prayers make in these two young people's lives?
...how will the Lord let them know someone was praying for them?
...why does the Lord love me enough to use me as an intercessor?
...did I miss any opportunity today to hear His Voice?

Barnabas is found over and over again in the book of Acts.  I strive to be a "Barnabas" because I know the importance of being an encourager.  People need lifted up, not tore down.  People need to hear positive things, not negative.  This morning as I was reading in the books of Acts I found another reason I want to be a Barnabas.  He was "...full of the Holy Spirit and of faith..."  Woo hoo!  YES!   

When he arrived and witnessed the grace of God, he rejoiced and began to encourage them all with resolute heart to remain true to the Lord; for he was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith And considerable numbers were brought to the Lord” (Acts 11:23-24). 

Barnabas heard from the Holy Spirit.  He followed the Holy Spirit's direction which not only blessed him but also blessed many others.  He had ears to hear.  I read once about ears that hear being called Kingdom ears.  His Kingdom ears allowed him to know when the Lord was speaking to him.  Having Kingdom ears is an important aspect of being an intercessor.  I have to know the Lord's Voice in order to know what I am to do.  In order to know the Lord's Voice, I have to commune with Him.  I have to be in relationship with Him 24/7/.  Living in His Presence is the only life for me.  Woo hoo!  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, Your mercy and Your grace.  Without those things I would not be where I am today.  I praise You, Father, for giving me Kingdom ears!  I praise You, for using me as Your servant.  Lord, today is another day.  I don't know what all it holds but I do know You are in the driver's seat.  I pray for Your direction and prompting as I go throughout the day.  I ask for opportunity to be You to others.  Thank You Jesus for being My Blessing!  Amen.

No comments: