Monday, June 24, 2013

Isaiah 40:31 - Waiting

I feel exhausted....mentally and physically.  There is so much to do after being in Indy for General Assembly for the last five days.  But where do I begin and how do I get back into the swing of things?  URGH is my first thought.  I told Doc at one point in Indy that I think I've lost the "S" off my chest.  I can no longer do everything I use to do.  He laughed at me.  If my Daddy were here, he'd tell me to take it easy and things would get done in God's time.  (He always was a smart fella!  LOL)  So, Lord, here I am...ready for whatever You want of me today.  I pray You will not only give me the strength to get through this day but I also pray for a renewing of my body, mind and soul.  I am reminded of Isaiah 40:31....

But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.











I need to be in a waiting place...a place where the Lord can renew my strength.  I need to rest in Him and allow Him to replenish my physical body along with my mental body.  In order to hear His Voice, I first must be in the waiting room.  Sometimes we try to go before Him and that only messes things up.  We must wait on Him.  If we don't, we won't be able to see His Promises come to life within us.  He promised me that I would have His Strength (Philippians 4:13).  He has fulfilled that promise over and over again.  Sometimes it was in a physical way and other times it was in a mental or emotional way.
















Dear Jesus,








I am waiting to hear Your Voice....I am waiting to know what You desire of me today....I am waiting to be renewed....Thank You Jesus for being My Strength.  Amen.  
























No comments: