Thursday, June 6, 2013

Ecclesiastes 3 - "Good To Be Alive"

The Lord woke me up at 4AM to pray.  When I asked Him who for, His reply was "Yourself."  Now that was strange because usually He has me pray for others.   He revealed some things to me that I didn't even realize needed prayer.  Then when I woke up at 7 I was singing Jason Gray's, "Good To Be Alive" and immediately started praising the Lord for the blessings He gives me every day.  

The lyrics to this song say exactly how I feel...  

"Is this really the life I'm living?; Cause I don't feel like I deserve it..."  Praise the Lord for blessing me the way He does!  

"If the life that we've been given; Is made beautiful in the living; And the joy that we get brings joy to the heart of the giver; Then right here, right now; This is the song I'm singing out..."  I pray I do make my life beautiful in the Lord's Eyes and that the joy I feel also brings Him joy.  

"I won’t take it for granted; I won’t waste another second; All I want is to give you; A life well lived, to say 'thank you'..."  My prayer is that I don't take anything for granted that He blesses me with.  I pray He will see an attitude of gratefulness for all He gives me.

I am reminded of Ecclesiastes 3...

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.



I am enjoying the season the Lord has me in.  I can truly say I "...find satisfaction in.." what I do.  And I totally agree it is a gift from God.  It thrills my soul to be living for Him.  It also thrills my soul that He gave me a second chance so that I could have this experience with Him.  Woo hoo!  



Dear Jesus,

Thank You for blessing me in some mighty ways.  Thank You for allowing me to come back to You.  I praise Your Holy Name for Your Love that lavishes me in great ways.  Father, I ask that You continue to keep my eyes focused on eternity.  Sometimes on this earth people and things can distract us but Father, I pray for total focus.  I praise You, Lord, for this season You have me in.  You are so awesome!  Lord, I pray for opportunities to be You today.  I ask that You keep my spirit in tune with You so that I don't miss any of that opportunities.  Amen.










No comments: