Monday, June 10, 2013

Colossians 3:23-24 - Eternal Reward

As I look to this week, I honestly could panic.  Why does there have to be so much "stuff" crammed into one week?  I remember hearing myself tell someone yesterday, "You can't do everything."  LOL  Now I need to adhere to those words.  There is going to have to be some things cut out of this week's calendar.  If there isn't, I will be dead before the end of the week. But how do you cut something out when it's all "good" stuff?  How do you say "no" when it's stuff for the Lord's work?  I am reminded of Colossians 3:23-24 this morning...

23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Amen!  I need to remember these verses throughout this week.  There will be times when I have to stop "doing" but it will be with the Lord's direction.  There will be times when I feel I can't go on but it will be His Strength that will help me to continue.  There will be times when people frustrate me but He will remind me that He is the only One I need to please.  Woo hoo!  Praise His Holy Name!

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for the reminder of these words this morning.  You are who I serve.  My reward of eternal life is the goal I have set before me.  Father, help me to stay focused on You so that I don't miss anything You have in store for me.  Lord, if there are things that need cleared off the calendar please reveal them to me.  I pray for people to come before me to help with this week.  I also pray for You to be revealed to others through me as I minister.  I pray for lives to be changed this week as we minister not only in Willard but also in Mansfield.  Thank You Lord for putting me where I am doing what You have called me to do.  Father, I pray for strength and wisdom.  Amen.

No comments: