Saturday, June 1, 2013

Revelation 2:10 - Spiritual Strength

This morning when I asked the Lord where He wanted me to go in His Word He said Revelation 2:10.  I read this verse earlier in the week so I thought maybe it was me instead of the Lord.  I asked again and He said, "Daughter.  I said Revelation 2:10."


Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.” (Revelation 2:10 NKJV)

Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown. (NIV)


When I read this earlier in the week, it was when one was facing cancer testing.  I found out after the fact they had a ten day wait for results.  I thought that was interesting with the way this verse mentioned "ten days".   Thankfully though, the Lord trimmed that wait down and they were blessed with favorable results.  Woo hoo!  But now here He has me reading this same verse again.  Is this for me this time or someone else, Lord?  

Dear Jesus:
Whoever it is for, I pray against fear that the enemy puts before us.  I pray for strengthening within spiritual bodies.  I pray for the full armor of God to be in place in the fight against the enemy.  Most of all I pray for victory!  Go before us, Lord.  Amen. 

No comments: