Thursday, June 13, 2013

Philippians 4:13 - Strength

One of "my" verses....Philippians 4:13.  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."  I am needing some physical and emotional strength in a mighty way today.  These last couple of days have been grueling yet rewarding.  Tuesday night at Gateway and then yesterday with the Salvation Army at the park for the summer program.  Now today back to Gateway.....whew......  I have to keep reminding myself I'm not on my own strength but rather on the Lord's strength.  As I think about what I'm doing, I think about how I'm making a difference in people's lives.  The desire of my heart is to make a difference.  To make life better for others.  To allow people to see the Lord through me.  I wonder how I made a difference to....

...the man without shoes Tuesday night as I talked with him and told him I will look for shoes for him.

...the little girl who sobbed in my arms yesterday because she was scared without her sister.

...the little boy who needed help with his straw yesterday and gave me a BIG smile when I helped him.

...the workers who appreciated our help yesterday.

Dear Jesus,
I pray people will see You in me more and more.  I pray for more of a servant attitude.  Lord, as I go throughout my day I pray You will put people before me that need You.  I pray for Your Words to be on my lips.  Thank You Jesus for physical strength to do as You so desire. Amen.






No comments: