Saturday, June 8, 2013

Proverbs 16:7-9 - "Lord, I Need You"

The wee hours of the morning were full of praying for some people going through some tough days...

...the couple on the verge of splitting up...praying they will get their eyes off self and turn back to the Lord so that He can heal their relationship...

...the family who are burying their dear wife, mother, grandmother today...praying for strength for them and asking the Lord to be very real to them...

...the two going through medical testing that have had "bad" diagnosis...praying for them to rely on the Lord for wisdom and strength...

Chris Tomlin's song "Lord, I Need You" is in my heart today.  The Lord is the only One who can give rest when we go through tough days.  He is the Only One who we need to allow to guide us.  When we allow the enemy to guide us, we will have eternal disaster.  I praise the Lord that I can sing these words with complete surrender.  "And where You are Lord I am free; Holiness is Christ in me.."  Woo hoo!  Praise His Holy Name!  

The ones I prayed for this morning need the Lord in a mighty way.  They need to be able to say, "And when I cannot stand I'll fall on You; Jesus You're my hope and stay.."  How I pray their eyes will be opened to the Lord in a brand new way today.  When I looked up the meaning of the word "defense,"  one definition I found was "the capability of resisting attack."  
"My one defense, my righteousness..."  The only defense we have against the junk of this life is our righteousness.  We must strive to live a life for the Lord.

Proverbs 16:7-9

New International Version (NIV)
When the Lord takes pleasure in anyone’s way,
    he causes their enemies to make peace with them.
Better a little with righteousness
    than much gain with injustice.
In their hearts humans plan their course,
    but the Lord establishes their steps.



Dear Jesus,
I pray for these ones I prayed for to feel You right now, right where they are.  I pray they will know someone is praying for them.  I ask that You open their eyes to a new relationship with You.  Father, so many times it is through the tough days that we draw closer to You.  Would You please save souls that are lost through these tough times?  Would You please draw ones closer to You that are feeling distraught?  Would You please comfort those who are grieving?  Father, I'm thankful for way You encourage me as I continue to grieve over my own Daddy's death.  Father, I pray You will not only guide my steps today but I ask for You to guide my words.  Thank You Lord for being My Righteousness!  Amen.



No comments: