Saturday, June 29, 2013

Philippians 4:7 - Prince of Peace

Peace is the theme for this morning.  As I was called at 3:30 AM by someone in the ER I prayed with them for peace.  Then when she called me again at 5:30 saying they were transporting her to St V's I went and prayed with her in person for peace.  While there, another lady was in distress and I prayed for her to have peace.  

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7

I love the part of this verse that says "...passeth all understanding..."  We don't have to understand why we have peace during stressful times.  We just have to accept it and allow God to use it to get us through.  He is so awesome in the way He gives it to us.  I saw it this week during the one hospital visit where the one was being stuck for the IV.  Her situation actually changed in that they were able to get the IV started quickly.  I saw it today when I started praying with the one lady and she immediately started praying with me and calmed down.  Her pain wasn't gone but she was at peace.  I saw it today as I prayed with the one being transported.  She had a peaceful look on her face and started joking with the transporters.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for giving each one of these ladies Your Peace.  

According to the dictionary the word peace means:  "a state of tranquility, quiet, calm, freedom from civil disturbance; a state of security - being secure within a community, freedom from oppression, strife and disorder; in harmony in personal relations; untouched by conflict, agitation or commotion."

Prophecy calls Jesus Prince of Peace in Isaiah 9:6.  We are also told in Isaiah 26:3-4, "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.  Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah, the Lord, is everlasting strength."  Trusting in the Lord brings us peace.  Trusting in the Lord brings us strength.  He is our peace as we are told in Ephesians 2:14; 17-18.  "For He Himself is our peace,... He came and preached peace to you who were afar off and to those who were near. For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father."  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for peace even during stressful times.  Thank You for the opportunity I had to pray with ones who needed Your Peace.  I am so thankful each of them knows You so they can experience Your Peace.  Lord, I pray for ones who don't know You to find You so they experience the same peace.  I pray for ones going through difficult times that know You to allow You to give them Your Peace...to accept it from You, Lord.  Thank You Jesus for being My Peacemaker.  Amen.

No comments: