Thursday, June 20, 2013

Matthew 18:19-20 - God Moments

Wow God...You blow me away!  But really You shouldn't.  It shouldn't surprise me the way You work.  It shouldn't surprise me when You give me "God moments" where You use us in a mighty way.  In a place with thousands and thousands of people You gave us the opportunity to pray with one young man that I could relate to in such a personal way.  When Doc asked him how he was doing and his response was "Feeling rough today" and then opened up to us, we were blown away.  Recently he had been diagnosed with MS.  He is struggling physically and emotionally.  Here is a young man in the prime of his life hit with something so debilitating.  My heart goes out to him but most importantly my prayers are with him.  Doc asked him if he believed in prayer and he said "yes".  So right there in the middle of thousands of people he knelt and we prayed.  

I am reminded of Jesus' Words in Matthew 18, specifically verses 19-20.

19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

I find it interesting that right before we had this opportunity put before us I bought a necklace with the theme of Matthew 18:20.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.  I truly believe we were given this God moment so we would be obedient.  

Dear Jesus,
I pray for this young man as he deals with MS.  I pray you will give him physical, spiritual, emotional, mental and financial strength.  Lord, I ask that You put us in his path again.  If that is not possible, please strengthen him through the encounter we had with him.  Thank You Lord for using us in this way.  Amen.

No comments: