Friday, June 28, 2013

Hebrews 13:20-21 - "O The Blood"

Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenantbrought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in uswhat is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.    Hebrews 13:20-21


I woke up this morning singing "O The Blood"sung by Kari Jobe.  Woo hoo!  It is only because of His sacrifice that I am here today.  It is only because of His sacrifice that I have the opportunity to be Him to others.  It only because of His sacrifice that I am able to praise Him.  Woo hoo!

I love this prayer found in Joyce Meyer's book "In the Word, the Name and the Blood" (Tulsa:  Harrison House, 1995)...

Father, I come in the name of Jesus to plead His blood on my life and on all that belongs to me, and on all over which You have made me a steward.
    I plead the blood of Jesus on the portals of my mind, my body (the temple of the Holy Spirit), my emotions, and my will. I believe that I am protected by the blood of the Lamb which gives me access to the Holy of Holies.
    I plead the blood on my children, on my grandchildren and their children, and on all those whom You have given me in this life.
    Lord, You have said that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Thank You for this blood that has cleansed me from sin and sealed the New Covenant of which I am a partaker.
    In Jesus’ name, amen.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your blood...for Your sacrifice...for You giving me victory!  Lord, I pray today for Your blood to cover me with strength, wisdom, protection and most of all with Your attitude.  Thank You Jesus for being My Covering!  Amen.




VERSE 1 
O the blood 
Crimson love 
Price of life'€™s demand 
Shameful sin 
Placed on Him 
The Hope of every man 

CHORUS 
O the blood of Jesus washes me 
O the blood of Jesus shed for me 
What a sacrifice that saved my life 
Yes, the blood, it is my victory 

VERSE 2 
Savior Son 
Holy One 
Slain so I can live 
See the Lamb 
The great I Am 
Who takes away my sin 

BRIDGE 
O the blood of the Lamb 
O the blood of the Lamb 
O the blood of the Lamb 
The precious blood of the Lamb 
What a sacrifice 
That saved my life 
Yes, the blood, it is my victory 

VERSE 3 
O what love 
No greater love 
Grace, how can it be 
That in my sin 
Yes, even then 
He shed His blood for me

No comments: