Tuesday, December 31, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "With Lifted Hands"



These last few days have been 'different' with not being able to type. Even writing was challenging so my time with Jesus was not the same but praise His Holy Name for being with me. My first thought when I woke up in the middle of the night with severe pain in my neck was fear of another cervical surgery. I thought about how I've been having numbness in my right arm and had flashbacks from previous issues. But then He pulled me up into His lap and comforted me. He encouraged me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 just as I have been doing throughout the last seven months with the cancer in Doc's pancreas. He told me to not claim cervical issues but to claim restored health. That is exactly what I am doing! He is my Great Physician! He is with me no matter what lies ahead. Woo hoo! As Adam worked on me, I prayed for healing in not only my body but in all he does massages on. When I woke up yesterday with less issues, I praised God for using him to help me. As I drove home, I praised Him for enabling me to do so. It was so awesome to be home. We loved seeing our family and friends but after eight days of being gone we were so ready to climb into our own bed. I can't wait to get into my own shower! It is amazing how we can become so attached to such things. Sleeping ten hours in our own bed was wonderful! Finally, back into a king size bed...woo hoo! We get so set in our ways. LOL. As I was driving yesterday the words to one of my favorite songs went repeatedly through my mind.

With every heartbeat in my chest
Lord I surrender all that I have
The days yet to come
The days in the past
I'm giving you all I am
With lifted hands

Yes! I surrender everything to Him! I know whether I am here or somewhere else He is with me, loving on me, encouraging me, and empowering me. Woo hoo! While away I was surprised with an apology from someone who hurt me years ago. After going through therapy I had forgiven them even though they had never apologized. I'm not sure what is happening in their life but I told them I accepted their apology and I pray God is working in them. I wanted to say some things but God quickly stopped me. I guess the things I had on my mind weren't necessary or maybe they were not time appropriate. The apology was not so much for me but for them. There was a reason it happened and I pray God was in the center of that reason. I pray 2020 will be a different year for them and they find God. I know I could never have lived through what I did without God in my life. As I look to 2020 I think about how we cannot have 20-20 perfect vision unless we are focused on the Perfect One. Sometimes people need glasses to have 20-20 vision. The only glasses needed in our spiritual lives are His. When we see as He sees, we then have 20-20 vision. As we have His vision He will direct us to where He desires us to be, doing what He desires of us. I am so grateful for the relationship I have with God but I desire more of Him to consume me. I desire more of His love to ooze out of me. The only way for that to happen is to have 20-20 vision. I must be 'prayed up' and ready at all time to walk where He desires me to go, speak what He desires me to say, and love with His unconditional love. I'm so thankful I am where I am in my spiritual life but I can never be 'happy' with staying here. I need more of Him and the way for that to be accomplished is to surrender my life to Him every single moment of every single day. My physical body is tired and worn but my spiritual body is on fire. I may feel like an old lady physically but praise His Holy Name I feel like a teenage girl giddy in my love for Him in my spiritual body.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for protecting us from so many wrecks that we saw on our trip! Thank You for providing strength for both of us to drive 1925 miles! Thank You for our time with family and friends! Thank You for us getting to spend Christmas with the grand babies at Christmastime instead of February! Thank You for the apology I received! I pray they will find You in 2020. Thank You for Dr. Monheim who fixed Doc's two broken teeth on Christmas Eve day! Thank You for filling my emotional tank over these last eight days! Thank You for Doc feeling stronger! There are so many things to be thankful for in life. I praise Your Holy Name for the healing that is happening in my neck. I ask for that to continue along with healing in Doc's body. Thank You for giving me Your perfect vision to go through every day as You cleanse my spirit and fill it with more of You! Thank You for being My Perfect One! Amen.

No comments: