Monday, December 2, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"


As I was hanging the ornaments on the tree, my thoughts went to past Christmas' when the boys were little and decorating the tree was so much fun. Then after they grew up and had babies there were fun times when they would come and put up the tree. Things have changed. Many miles separate us so I am the one decorating the tree. There were many years with a live tree but that went by the wayside many years ago. There was always a large tree until last year when a small one was bought. Instead of it taking hours to decorate it now takes minutes. So many things in life change when you downsize. Some of those changes are harder to accept than others. I would have to say the smaller Christmas tree is one of the hardest for me. Yesterday as I was finishing the decorating of it I had tears come to my eyes. I was grateful the Lord knew I needed Him to be felt in my spirit. This year is different in many ways in our life but God loves us just as He always had. One positive difference is that we are not waiting to go to Ohio in February as we have since moving to South Carolina. We are going to spend Christmas there. Woo hoo! God has opened doors for this to happen and for that I am grateful. Getting to see all our grand babies for Christmas is something that hasn't happened for the last few years. Being with my Momma for Christmas is also something that hasn't happened for a few years. God is definitely blessing us with this upcoming trip. I am so grateful for His love and blessings. I do not know what the future holds but I know who does and that is all that matters. I do not have to fear what is ahead because He loves me and will empower me through it. All I have to do is stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and allow His strength to work in and through me. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for going before me and making a way for what You desire in my life. Thank You for Doc being able to preach yesterday! Thank You for the Christmas tree being decorated! Thank You for empowering me to not just get through these tough days but to depend upon Your strength for them! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May Your words, actions, and attitude be mine throughout this day in a new, different way! Thank You Jesus for being My Everything! Amen.


No comments: