Thursday, December 26, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Great Are You Lord"


Thirty-five years ago my 'baby' boy was born! Wow! And now here he is with five 'babies' of his own! It is so hard to believe all he has accomplished! College graduate, ordained Nazarene pastor, godly husband and father...the list goes on and on. I am one proud Momma. I love his heart for God and for people. I love his compassionate spirit. I love the way God is leading him and most of all the way he and Emily are willing to follow God. Seeing their children growing up in a godly home is such a blessing. Watching the children interact with one another is a pure joy. You can see God being lived out in all their lives. That does not mean life is always a bed of roses but when the 'thorns' show themselves God is their strength to get through the 'tough' times. Ben was raised with having a non-profit organization being run out of our home. He knew what it was like to do for others even at times when you didn't have for yourself. It is no surprise to me that he is working in a non-profit. His pastoral experience has given him great knowledge for the position he is in. It has given him a better understanding of people and how to love on them with God's love. I am so grateful Ben knows and lives out the knowledge that God's strength is our strength. His love is our love to share. As we trust in Him, He will empower us to do what He has called us to do. I believe II Timothy 1:7 is lived out by Ben and Emily just as it is in our lives. We do not have to fear any of the 'thorns' that come into our lives. Instead we can stand in the knowledge that God is always with us, pruning us so we can grow deeper in our faith. He is always there for our strength to not just get through the 'tough' days but for Him to be glorified through them. God started Ben's life off with what could have been some very 'tough' days with a healing in the womb from an open spine. He then healed him from rheumatoid arthritis as a teen. Those were times of great encouragement to me. They were times when my faith was greatly strengthened. I am so blessed to know my 'baby' loves the Lord and is following Him. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings from yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! I am so excited to get to spend time with Ben and his family today. I can't even remember the last time I was with him on his birthday. Woo hoo! Thank You Jesus for working the plans out for this to happen! Thank You for me feeling better so I can enjoy this day! I pray Doc will wake up feeling stronger. I pray for healing in his body. Lord, the 'thorns' he is dealing with are so 'prickly' and are tearing him apart. May You be the soothing balm he needs in this day. Father, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so I can be who You have called me to be while on this earth. I pray for You to ooze out of me in a new, different way today. Lord, may You put opportunities before me today for Your love to show to all I meet. May You be greater than me. Thank You Jesus for being The One to Bless Me! Amen.

No comments: