Tuesday, December 24, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Proverbs 3:5-6; James 1:2-4 - "Confidence"


'Why do bad things happen to good people?' I was pondering that question last night as I went to bed. Why has Doc broken two teeth in the last few days while eating soft things? Why did the family who went to China to pick up their newly adopted son have him die before they could bring him home? Why are there so many people dealing with cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's...the list goes on and on? Why are there children living without enough food in their bellies? Why are there lonely people in this world who feels like no one loves them? There is an assortment of reasons for these situations but the one that came to me this morning is James 1:2-3. Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James words don't make sense to many but for people who live in God's presence they do make sense. The harder a trial, the deeper faith will go when we allow God to work in and through us. The longer a trial, the more our trust in God will become greater. Proverbs 3:5-6 reads, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will set your path straight. Woo hoo! Trust is key in living for Jesus. Taking my faith deeper in Him is important in my life. The only way for this to be accomplished is by standing on II Timothy 1:7. I do not have to fear anything that comes my way. Instead I can be empowered by Him through it. Woo hoo! I do not have to worry about if this will be Doc's last Christmas on this earth. Instead I can stand in the knowledge that whatever happens, God is with us. I do not have to worry about what the bill at the dentist is going to be this afternoon because God has always and will always provide exactly what is needed. There is such a peace in living in His presence. That peace is what God wants all to experience. Sometimes it takes getting out of His way to have such an experience. Sometimes it takes saying 'yes' when we aren't sure what that means. Sometimes it means trusting with a blind faith because the answers as to how a situation will end are not there. No matter what, God is always there to carry us through. We can have Confidence in that. God will use our circumstances to build our faith. He will use our situations to draw us closer to Him, when we allow Him.

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the words of encouragement this morning from Your Word! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Father, I pray for Your supernatural empowerment over Doc's physical body today. I ask that You give Him Your strength in a mighty way so that he doesn't feel so bad. I pray for his appointment with the dentist to go well and we would have favor with the bill. Lord, cleanse my spirit so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. May people see/hear You instead of me today. May You ooze out of me in a new, different way. Thank You Jesus for being My Confidence! Amen.

No comments: