Friday, December 13, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 9; Romans 8 - "Battles"


The Lord took me to Psalm 9 this morning. I read it in different translations and settled in on The Passion Translation. This Psalm was believed to be written by David after he killed Goliath. He was just a young man yet not only accomplished slaying the giant but also wrote such a wonderful Psalm. Wow, God! Verse one shows how we are to live every day.

Lord, I will worship you with extended hands
as my whole heart explodes with praise!
I will tell everyone everywhere about your wonderful works
and how your marvelous miracles exceed expectations!


Yes! We are to worship Him, praise Him, and tell others about Him. He performs miracles every day in our lives whether we see them or not. When we wake up breathing, that is a miracle. Every time we are on the roads without an accident, that is a miracle. Sometimes having food in the house or gas in the car is a miracle. We can look around and see His miraculous ways all around us. We also can look around and see people who need to know Him. We were put on this earth to love with His love so more people would love Him. There are people who try to tear our faith apart but when we live in God's presence that is not possible. When the enemy comes knocking, all we have to do is worship God and he will run away. Verse three tells us, They stumble and perish before Your presence. John Wesley said, "The best of all is, God is with us." Romans 8 tells us how to live life in His Spirit. We are conquerors when we live such a life. The chapter ends in the New International Version with:

31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33 Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Woo hoo! I can conquer anything that comes my way with the empowerment of the Holy Spirit. I do not have to fight on my own when I am living in God's presence. I am never alone with God in my life. Sometimes I feel alone and am grateful for the way He wraps His arms around me and encourages me. Sometimes He encourages me by answering prayers. Sometimes it is through words or actions of others. Sometimes it is through what He accomplishes through me. No matter what, He encourages me to keep on keepin' on. He encourages me to remember that nothing can separate me from His love. He encourages me daily to stand upon His empowerment and love that Paul speaks of in II Timothy 1:7.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for the physical strength to accomplish what was accomplished yesterday! Thank You for loving me through my emotional melt-down last night! Thank You for being with Doc on one of his worst days with after effects of chemo! Thank You for my time with my friend Carrie yesterday! Thank You for loving me so much! Father, may You cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You today so people will see/hear You instead of me. May my words, actions, and attitude be Your throughout this day. May I not lose my focus from You. I do not want to miss any opportunity You put before me. Father, I pray for You to ooze out of me in a new, different way. I pray for protection from the enemy throughout this day as he tries to tear me down. I pray for physical, mental, emotional, financial, and most of all spiritual strength today. I pray the same for Steve, June, Mikey, and many others with their recent loses of loved ones. I ask that You put people before: those who are feeling alone; those struggling financially and do not have gifts for their family for Christmas or even food; and those dealing with the loss of a loved one whether it be through death, divorce, or a prodigal. Father, I've dealt with such things and it's hard but You loved me through tough times and I know You will do the same for all when we allow You. Every time I go to the grocery store I am thankful for what You provide. I remember times where there wasn't enough money to stretch for all that was needed but You always provided. I'm thankful for people who loved us through such times. I will never forget when Cathy brought us groceries at the time of my MS diagnosis; many people who provided meals, groceries, or gift cards throughout the years when we were going through difficult times; and unexpected money in the mail. You have always provided exactly what we needed and for that I am grateful. When the enemy comes knocking, I do not have to be afraid because of Your love and empowerment. Thank You for that! Thank You Jesus for being My Battle Conqueror! Amen.

No comments: