Thursday, December 19, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "I Can Only Imagine"


"God, when will this end?!?!?" was the words out of my mouth as the tears flowed last night. Another friend diagnosed with cancer. Her family has been through so much this year and now this. I know the answer to my question is when life is no longer on this earth. When Jesus' returns for us, there will be no more sickness. We will all have new bodies. Woo hoo! I can't imagine what that will be like but I'm so, so ready for it. Of course, not everyone is ready to meet Him. That is why we are still here. He needs all of His people to share His love with those who are not in relationship with Him. He needs more people living out a life of surrender to Him. The more who do, the more people will come into relationship with Him. Woo hoo! We need to love with His love and pour ourselves into people until He returns. He will give us the strength to take the opportunities He puts before us. He will give us wisdom and words to say what He needs us to say. He will give us unconditional love for people, even those who do not want to accept it. He will give us a right attitude and right actions even when we are not 'feeling' like doing what He asks of us. Plain and simple. He will provide everything we need to do His will. We do not have to fear but instead need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in His empowerment. My prayer list is so long with physical needs but I need to concentrate on the spiritual needs of people. This morning I am praying God will use people's circumstances to draw them closer to Him. I am praying He will use the tears that are falling to heal the hurt I am feeling with people on my prayer list.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for people! Thank You for the way You have people ask me to pray for them! I am one blessed lady! Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Fill me up to where the Holy Spirit is oozing out of me today in a new, different way. Father, I pray Doc has a 'typical' day after chemo with energy. I pray against side effects causing him to have a week like last week. Empower him Lord. Strengthen him physically, mentally, emotionally, financially, and most of all spiritually. Lord, I pray the same for my friend who was just given the news of breast cancer. May Your strength be her and her family's strength. Lord, I pray she will feel Your presence as she sees the doctor today. I pray the same for Dale as he awaits being discharged and Emma with her health issues. Lord, continue to be with Steve, June, Renee, Shirley, Jim, Pattie, and Patty as they draw closer to their first Christmas without their spouse. I pray the family of the 17 year old girl killed in the accident this week and the 17 year old boy murdered last week will also feel Your presence in their lives. Lord, this world has some nasty things happening in it. May Your peace be felt...may Your love be spread...may Your joy be found. Thank You Jesus for being My Peace, Love and Joy! Amen.

No comments: