Monday, December 9, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 37:4 - "Blessings"


Psalm 37:4 reads, Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart (NIV). I strive to delight in the Lord every day. He often gives me the desires of my heart. Yesterday was one of those days. I had asked God to help Doc feel better so we could do ministry together with church and the Christmas parade. He didn't feel very good when he got up but when I asked if he needed me to preach he told me he would get through it. I prayed he wouldn't just get through it but would be empowered through his preaching. I was pleasantly surprised when he said he was going to the parade. Not only did he go but he drove the truck in it as I was with our teen boys handing out candy. We were both hurting and very tired when we got home but it was a 'good' tired in just knowing God had answered my prayers so we could be together. After the rough Saturday we had, we needed this type of Sunday. We can never give up praying. Instead we need to dig deeper in our faith and trust God with every aspect of life. Even though God already knows what's on our heart, we need to voice our thoughts and feelings to Him. Such action is not needed for Him but for us. The more we pray, the deeper He will take us in our relationship with Him. I want to go deeper with God. The desires of my heart are to walk in the desires of His heart. I want to take every opportunity He puts before me. I want to pursue Him in a way that will show His supernatural empowerment in and through me. I can't get enough of Him. It seems like the more I read His Word, the more I want to read it. I loved hearing Ms. Paula say when she was reading for our Sunday School lesson she couldn't stop and a couple hours later realized what time it was. That is how all believers need to be. We must never become lukewarm but need to stay hot for Him. The only way to do that is by being in a true relationship with Him. Praying where we are in conversation with Him. Reading His Word to the point of not being able to put it down. Loving on others that He puts in our path with His unconditional love. Allowing Him to have full control over our lives. Woo hoo! All it takes is standing upon II Timothy 1:7.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the blessings ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for giving Doc a better day yesterday than the day before! Father, I pray You will empower me through Your Holy Spirit to be who You have called me to be. Cleanse me so You can fill me. May people see/hear You instead of me today. Thank You for the wisdom You provided me yesterday with the man asking for money again and the words You gave me to say. I pray for June and her family as they go through the funeral today. I pray You will be so real to them. I pray for Your strength for: Steve and his family; the family of the little boy killed in Bluffton Saturday; Robo's family; Dale; Mike; Mike; Maxine; Rita; Little Richie; Little Natalie; Finn and his family; Mark; Kari; Melanie; Mick; my pastor friend with cancer; my friend with marital issues; Becky; and so many others going through 'tough' days. May You be greater than what they are living through. May You be more real to them than ever before. Thank You Father for being My Strength! Amen.

No comments: