Sunday, September 14, 2014

Psalm 30:5b and 118:24; Philippians 4:13; John 6:33; Romans 12:12 - "Oceans"

Yesterday was a tough day physically and emotionally but what a time of blessing spiritually.  When I woke up, I didn't think I could "do" the day.  I sure didn't feel like going to our District SDMI conference but the Lord encouraged me to push through.  For that I am so thankful.  I was blessed with getting my cup filled throughout the day.  I felt like I had to be in "protection mode" so I stayed close to Doc.  A friend described me as looking "fragile" and that's exactly how I felt even though it's not a feeling I embrace very well.  

The Lord spoke to me and reassured me that I am doing exactly what He expects of me.  Before this storm and through this storm.  He also brought to me that I needed to repent for the attitude I get with people who tell me what caused my storm or what I need to do to get through it.  I was so blessed in His words.  "Daughter, I am the Only One you need to listen to.  Don't allow the enemy an open door into your life by your attitude."  Thank You Jesus!

I was blessed this morning with Doc's words…"Today is going to be a better day."  Woo hoo!  He spoke words of life over me.  Praise the Lord!  Do I still feel fragile?  Yes.  Am I still physically struggling?  Yes.  Do I feel the need to be in "protection mode"?  Yes.  But I have the Lord to enable me to do not what others want or what I want but what He wants of me.  I am standing on a few different scriptures this morning.

Psalm 30:5b - Weeping may last through the night, but joy comes with the morning. 

  • The coolest part of this scripture is even if the Lord would decide this storm I'm in is my new "normal" it's OK.  He will lead me down whatever path He desires of me.  He will teach me how to live the life He chooses for me.  JOY will come not from being in a storm but from living in His Presence in and through it.  His words to the disciples in Mark 4:35 were the way He desired them to go.  "Let us go over to the other side."  I'm not sure where this storm will lead me but I'm thankful I know who is leading me through it.  I am also thankful for II Timothy 1:7 that tells me, God didn't give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power, love and self-control.  I have nothing to fear.  If I allow fear to come into my life, I will give the enemy an open door.
Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
  • His promise of strength was given to me 20+ years ago and He hasn't failed me yet.  His strength is perfect.  My human strength has issues but His Strength is always perfect.
John 6:33 - The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you ---they are full of the Spirit and life.
  • These words of the Lord encourage me to speak words of life.  The only way I can do that is by living in His Presence…being filled with His Spirit….being surrendered to Him.
Psalm 118:24 - This is the day that the Lord has made.  We will rejoice and be glad in it.
  • YES!  No matter how I physically or emotionally feel, I will rejoice in that the Lord is with me.  His word tells me in Romans 12:12 how to keep my JOY.  Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for another day.  Thank You for the way Your strength will be perfect for me today.  Thank You for the words of life Doc spoke over me this morning.  Father, I praise Your Holy Name for the confirmation You gave me yesterday.  Lord, I pray for today to be just exactly as You want for my life.  I pray for more of You and less of me.  I pray for Your Glory to continue to come down upon me.  Woo hoo!  Lord, bless me today in such a mighty way.  Put a hedge of protection around me from people's words.  Sometimes where I am is a very alone place but yet it's where I know I have to be.  Lord, heal not only my physical body but also my emotional body.  Thank You Jesus for being My Peace in the midst of this storm.  Amen.


No comments: