Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Micah 7:18-19 - "Hello, My Name Is"


I stood by the pond and listened as my honey read the words of Micah 7:18-19 and I felt so blessed.

18 Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.


Today is the start of the High Holy Days.  The Jews celebrate Rosh Hashanah with praying, a time of self-examination and repentance.  The celebration ends on Yom Kippur or the Day of Atonement.  I love studying the Jewish holidays.  There is so much richness in them.  This morning as we threw the bread in the pond I was overwhelmed with the love our Father has shown us.  He has blessed us so much over the last twenty-five years and I know He will continue to do so.  He loves us.  Plain and simple.  His love goes beyond His death on the cross.  His love goes beyond anything of this world and deeper than we, as human beings, can ever imagine.  

The song "Hello, My Name Is" came to my mind as we stood there….  

What love the Father has lavished 
Upon us that we should be called His children
I am a child of the one true King 
What love the Father has lavished
Upon us that we should be called His children



His love is lavished upon us when we allow Him to be a part of our life.  The desire of His heart is for us to live with Him 24/7.  He accepts our repented hearts with mercy and grace.  Woo hoo!  That is exciting!  We no longer have to live a life of this world even though we have to live in this world.  He is not only Our Savior but He is also Our Loving Father.  

Some might ask why we threw the bread into the pond this morning.  Some might wonder why we would do a Jewish custom.  Some might even think we are totally crazy by doing it.  But it doesn't matter what people think.  All that matters is what the Lord thinks.  He directs our steps and for that I'm very thankful.  He leads us to where He so desires and for that I'm very thankful.  I am so blessed with my honey being the head of our household and for being the godly man that he is.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, once again, for the short time away with my honey.  Thank You for the peacefulness of the place we stayed.  Thank You for the time of celebration by the pond this morning.  You are so awesome in the way You lavish us with Your love, mercy and grace.  Thank You Jesus for being My One True King.  Amen.



No comments: