Saturday, September 27, 2014

Lamentations 3:22-24 - "Hiding Place"


22 
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
23 
They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness.
24 
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
    therefore I will wait for him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24

I received a beautiful card yesterday from my District NMI friends with these verses.  On the inside it reads, "Praying you'll sense His presence and His lovingkindness---and that you'll know His strength for every challenge you face."  What a perfect card to receive!  I do sense His presence each and every day.  It is through His presence that I feel His lovingkindness.  It is also through His presence that I have His strength to get me through the challenges of my days.  

Yesterday was full of physical challenges and also some emotional ones.  It was a day that I was reminded just how much I miss my Daddy.  Seeing men about his age suffering makes me realize how blessed we were that my Daddy didn't suffer long.  I think another part of the healing process for me is seeing men who have the same disposition as my Daddy.  It gives me a glimpse of him that I so appreciate.  

The Lord's presence not only sustained me throughout the day but it encouraged me to keep on doing as He put before me.  His presence enabled me to not only be able to go on a date night with my hubby but to enjoy the concert even though I was so physically tired.  

The Lord's  presence blesses me in abundance as I look to this new day.  As Doc left he said, "Rest as much as you can today."  My first thought was that I am resting in Him.  Just as I do each day I will allow the Lord to direct my steps.  I ask Him to give me more of Him and less of me.  I also ask Him to put opportunities before me to be Him to others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being My Strength…My Shield…My Hiding Place.  You are so awesome Lord in the way You are with me 24/7.  I praise You for being My Presence!  I praise You for the way You blessed me in so many ways yesterday.  Thank You Jesus for being My Everything.  Amen.




No comments: