Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Matthew 16:17-19; Ephesians 6:13 - Today is a new day


Yesterday was just that.  Yesterday.  I claim today to not be yesterday.  I claim today to be today.  I claim for the enemy to not have any foothold in my day.  He tried so hard yesterday to bring me down.  Praise the Lord for people who prayed for us and with us against him.  Yesterday morning before things started happening we received this text:

Good Morning.  I just wanted you both to know that I'm praying for you this morning.  God has been OVERWHELMING me this morning with His presence!  I pray you feel Him today in an awesome way in all you do.  That He will flood your souls with rest and peace in Him.  Be still and know…

As we read these words, we were blessed but as the day wore on and the enemy came knocking over and over the blessing grew even deeper.  To go through trials on this earth and yet to be able to rest in His peace takes living a life of surrender.  It takes allowing Him to go before you and take care of issues instead of manipulating them yourself.  It takes being strong in your faith to be weak in your flesh.  

As I was praying last night in corporate prayer time the Lord gave me some words from His word as I prayed for my church family…"the gates of hell will not prevail."  

Matthew 16:17-19New International Version (NIV)

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

The Lord told me if people will totally surrender to a life with Him they will live for eternity with Him but if they don't they will live with the enemy for eternity.  That broke my heart because I see many who keep holding onto the ways of the world, refusing to give up themselves to live a life of 24/7 for Him.  As I was praying, I wondered what is it going to take?  Are people going to have to lose a loved one or go through a tragedy in their life in order to get to the end of themselves?  Praying "whatever it takes" is hard because you don't want to see people suffer.  Yet would we rather see them suffer on this earth or know they will suffer in hell for eternity?  Wow…

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for being our Strength yesterday through all that came our way.  I praise You for giving tears to cleanse throughout the day.  I praise You for giving perseverance to continue on in You when it would have been so much easier to quit.  I praise You for people who prayed for us.  I praise You for the way You used us to be You to others yesterday even through the trials.  Father, today is today.  You have blessed me with a new day.  I pray for more of You and less of me to show through today.  I pray for those who need You to not only seek You but to find You.  I pray for a renewing in the spirits of believers today.  I pray against the enemy having any foothold in not only my life but in the lives of our church family.  
Lord, yesterday was full of darts from the enemy but I praise You for your words of Ephesians 6:13.  Evil days will come.  But you will be able to stand up to anything.  And after you have done everything you can, you will still be standing.  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus for this promise on how life can be when we have on Your full armor of God.  Thank You for the belt of truth around my waist; the breastplate of righteousness; the shoes of peace; the shield of faith; the helmet of salvation; the sword of the Spirit; and for the power of praying in the Spirit.    Lord, I start this day with the full armor of God in place.  Lord, bless my day with a physical touch, a mental touch, an emotional touch and most importantly a spiritual touch.  Thank You Jesus for being My Peace in the midst of the storms of life.  Amen.

No comments: