Saturday, September 20, 2014

James 5:14-16 - "What Faith Can Do"

Yesterday was such a blessed day with having my legs working right again.  It's the little things in life that make you realize just how grateful we need to be when our bodies work.  Being able to take a shower without worrying if your hubby is in the house to help if needed…having to have a chauffeur to run errands…just so many things we all take advantage of in our daily lives.  I am so thankful the Lord provides no matter what stage of the MS I am dealing with.  I must admit I like it when I don't have to deal with such issues as I have these last couple of weeks.  But I know there is a reason why and it doesn't matter that I don't know what the reason is.  

Last night in our corporate prayer time the Lord spoke words that were disappointing to me.  It's hard to pray so hard for something only to be told to "keep praying."  I almost asked for particulars for the situation but then decided I didn't want to know.  It's kind of like with the reason for the MS.  Sometimes I want to know why things flair up and others time I think I don't.  Instead of needing knowledge or information I am trusting in the Lord to take care of things.  

I am also trusting in the Lord to not allow us to give up in this situation.  I was reading in my on-line class about how we can become discouraged in our spiritual lives and give up practicing a spiritual discipline.  When, in fact, we are just around the corner from a breakthrough.  I am expecting a breakthrough with this situation.  I am expecting miracles to happen in this situation.  I am praying for the hearts and eyes of people to be opened to what the Holy Spirit wants them to receive.

I love the words to Kutless' song "What Faith Can Do"…

I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
And I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do


It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word
It's just a reason for someone not to try
Everybody's scared to death
When they decide to take that step
Out on the water
It'll be alright
Life is so much more
Than what your eyes are seeing
You will find your way
If you keep believing


"Impossible is not a word"….YES!  I know nothing is impossible when the Lord is in the midst.  He told me last night to "keep praying" and I will.  I refuse to give up…I refuse to allow this to be a hopeless situation.  I have faith the Lord will provide breakthroughs.  I have faith that the Lord will answer our prayers and make "Broken hearts become brand new…"  Last night the Lord directed me to James 5:14-16 and again this morning He directed me to the same verses….

James 5:14-16 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another,that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.


I am standing on these verses and claiming victory among the people.  There is power in my prayers and I have faith they will be answered.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for speaking to me and encouraging me.  Thank You for loving me and giving me great faith in You.  Thank You for all who I have been praying for.  Lord, direct my steps today…direct my prayers…direct my mind.  Thank You Jesus for being The One To Make Things Possible.  Amen.


No comments: