Monday, September 8, 2014

II Timothy 1:7 - Power Over Dread & Fear



I am so thankful for these words this morning.  I don't have a spirit of fear but I will admit I do have a spirit of dread and I don't like it.  II Timothy 1:7 tells me, God did not give us a spirit to be afraid but He gives us a spirit of power, love and self-control.  I embrace the spirit that doesn't make me afraid.  Whatever path the Lord leads me down with this MS I'm ready for.  His Strength will get me through the tough days, without a doubt.  But I need to embrace the spirit of power over the dread that comes along with the tough days.  

The dread of people not understanding why I can't do what they are use to me doing.  
The dread of making tough decisions on what I should or shouldn't do.
The dread of allowing the enemy any foothold in putting thoughts into my head about the days ahead.
The dread of feeling cut-off from people because I have to go into protection mode.
The dread of not knowing when my emotions will break.

Just as God has given me the power over fear I know He will also give me the power over these things I dread.  I am standing on that power this morning as I start my day.  I am claiming that power to be within me as I am still in Him.  

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the power over fear AND the power over dread.  Thank You for the way You are filling my tank back up through this time of being still in You.  Thank You for all the ways You show Yourself to me.  You are so awesome, Lord.  No matter if I am in the valleys or on top of the mountain…You are awesome!  Thank You Jesus for being My Power.  Amen. 

No comments: